My 60L nano tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sent from my SM-G900I using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398775147691.jpg
    1398775147691.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 90
Welcome to AA!
Your corals are overall pretty hardy ones. The lower left are duncan corals. Top middle appears to be a mushroom leather, lower right is a frogspawn, and the middle guy is a brain coral.
In terms of salinity, the most accurate the better. Most of us use refractometers for the most accurate salinity we can get.
Hope this helps!

Welcome to AA!
Your corals are overall pretty hardy ones. The lower left are duncan corals. Top middle appears to be a mushroom leather, lower right is a frogspawn, and the middle guy is a brain coral.
In terms of salinity, the most accurate the better. Most of us use refractometers for the most accurate salinity we can get.
Hope this helps!

Thanks helps a lot! Is there a sqecific time schedule I should be following when running my lighting ? Do I run my moon lights all night?

You will want to set your lighting up for ~10 hours a day to keep the coral happy.
In terms of your moonlights, you want them to be on opposite the other lights. Make sure that they are moonlights and not a high watt actinic bulb, that would remove the dark form the photo period.

Added 2 shrimp to my tank today along with a cucumber

Attachments

• 1399540089120.jpg
    1399540089120.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 93
You will want to set your lighting up for ~10 hours a day to keep the coral happy.
In terms of your moonlights, you want them to be on opposite the other lights. Make sure that they are moonlights and not a high watt actinic bulb, that would remove the dark form the photo period.

Thanks for the tip. I've taken your advice on board and currently run them for 10 hours. The corals look happy. Well they did until i introduced the shrimp today. They seem to walk all over them....

I would take the cucumber back if I were you. They can be very hard to take care of, and when they die some release poison into the water.

I would take the cucumber back if I were you. They can be very hard to take care of, and when they die some release poison into the water.

Really? I had no idea... I'll take him back. Do you think 2 is too many shrimp?

Couple of months on now. Things aren't going too bad.

Attachments

• 1403166576531.jpg
    1403166576531.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 91
Can anyone id this little pink thing? Every so often it moves around the tank?
Could it be an anemone?

Attachments

• 1403166638675.jpg
    1403166638675.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 99
The little guy must have been in the live rock from the beginning. Hopefully he survives. It's grown/ opened up in the past few week's.

Back
Top Bottom