My 65 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This tank is almost a year old now. I am almost satisfied with the scape of it, my 3 little swords (1 red melon, 2 amazon) just need to grow bigger and fill in the empty spots.

stocking:
Rainbowfish mix of dwarfs, boesemani, red, and turquoise. mixed tetra, rainbow shark, raphael catfish.

any criticism will be helpful!

Attachments

• PC180002.jpg
    PC180002.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 164
Wow great tank!!! What are the plants in the bavk right and foreground? What type of lighting?

plant list:

left side:

for-ground: dwarf sage (all acrose front/ middle trimmed very short as it grows 8 inches + now)

back-ground: rotala rotundifolia/rotala indica, very small anubias on rock. very small amazon sword.

right side:
for-ground: dwarf sage, very small red melon sword, very small Madagascar lace, very small amazon sword, bronze crypts, very small (1 stem) ludwigia

back-ground: jungle vals, corkscrew vals

lighting: Coralife 196 watt dual compact fluorescent 36 inch. 1 6700k, 1 10 000k bulbs.

pressurized co2 (not running at the moment need to get another tank full and a new diffuser)

filtration: top-fin 60 HOB, and marineland magnum 220 canister.

300 watt heater

substrate: eco-complete.

reverse osmosis water

dosing seachem flourish, and flourish iron

i think i covered everything there, anything else you would like to know just ask, thanks everyone!

Do you buy all of these and let them grow in, or just buy tons of plants?

I bought 2 bundles of rotala i had 1 spiral val, 2 jungle vals, 1 amazon sword, 1 red melon sword, 1 dwarf sage that was a hitchhiker, 2 bronze crypts, 1 madagascar lace, 1 java fern (forgot to mention that above) and 1 anubias. those are what i bought and it grew into what i have now :) and i bought a whole bunch of ludwigia but only a tiny stem lived.

zach_1_6 said:
I bought 2 bundles of rotala i had 1 spiral val, 2 jungle vals, 1 amazon sword, 1 red melon sword, 1 dwarf sage that was a hitchhiker, 2 bronze crypts, 1 madagascar lace, 1 java fern (forgot to mention that above) and 1 anubias. those are what i bought and it grew into what i have now :) and i bought a whole bunch of ludwigia but only a tiny stem lived.

That is so awesome!! If you ever want to sell some of that dwarf sag or rotala, pm me:)

That is so awesome!! If you ever want to sell some of that dwarf sag or rotala, pm me:)

if you live somewhere near Ontario Canada i will sell you a whole bunch... not to sure it will survive our winter temperatures this time of year ;)

Your dwarf sag is amazing.. mine is spreading nicely in lowlight but not nearly as thick as yours.

zach_1_6 said:
if you live somewhere near Ontario Canada i will sell you a whole bunch... not to sure it will survive our winter temperatures this time of year ;)

Throw in a couple heat packs lol...ya they might not make it to california...

zach_1_6 said:
I will keep that in mind ;) by the time spring come I will have double the amount now!

Well if so, then maybe you could cut me a deal ;) lol jk

Awesome tank . Starting a few planted tanks myself and am looking for some good plants . I love the carpeted look and I am in Ontario :) PM if you are ever looking to sell

Back
Top Bottom