my 75 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You won't find a skimmer for less than $150 that will be much better than the Prism. The Prism works OK, just keep it clean and adjust it daily.

Work on bringing down your phosphate. Buy some GFO and run it in a reactor if you have 1, and if not, put it in a mesh bag in your sump where it will get a good flow thru it.

You may seriously want to consider a RO/DI unit for your well water. It's probably the best $100 you will spend for your tank.
okay i decided to invest and a octopus skimmer which one will do the best job in my 75??? and wheres the best place to buy one from

wow my algae and other unwanted is cut in half my tank is so much clear thanks for your advice/help cccapt

Greg
You won't find a skimmer for less than $150 that will be much better than the Prism. The Prism works OK, just keep it clean and adjust it daily.

Work on bringing down your phosphate. Buy some GFO and run it in a reactor if you have 1, and if not, put it in a mesh bag in your sump where it will get a good flow thru it.

You may seriously want to consider a RO/DI unit for your well water. It's probably the best $100 you will spend for your tank.

I see no powerheads?
Ok, Why do you do water changes?
Why do u use chemi pure?
Why do you u use the canister and wet/dry?

You have them but are they needed and do you know the purpose of there use.

I would rather see the amount of LR and LS you have.
And the age and size of your tank?
And the readings you test for and there levels?
Type of powerheads used for proper bacteria growth and PH levels and Oxygen and ect..
i have a prizm skimmer a wetanddry, and a canister filter, i use cemi-pure in them, Phosphate are .2, i do a 10 percent water change every two weeks, i use water that come straight out of the ground, and i have nova extreme light t-5,320 watts about 3 months old

thats all old stuff i have 100 pd lr and octopus skimmer and a 20 g refuge sump, dont need power heads i got a wave maker my tank is really healthy
I see no powerheads?
Ok, Why do you do water changes?
Why do u use chemi pure?
Why do you u use the canister and wet/dry?

You have them but are they needed and do you know the purpose of there use.

I would rather see the amount of LR and LS you have.
And the age and size of your tank?
And the readings you test for and there levels?
Type of powerheads used for proper bacteria growth and PH levels and Oxygen and ect..

Real healthy but some algea. Ill bet PH jumos around also. Good water flow is needed for O2 supply and bio filters effectiviness.
A sump and a skimmer wont do in a 75.

You said wave maker but whats the setup?

hey ccapt helped me get it under control its fine algae is going down everyday phose are going down too
Real healthy but some algea. Ill bet PH jumos around also. Good water flow is needed for O2 supply and bio filters effectiviness.
A sump and a skimmer wont do in a 75.

You said wave maker but whats the setup?

This is the key. Leave the algea and cure the source. You can tell by the recession of unwanted algea. GL..

well everything is very stable and looking better and better each day
This is the key. Leave the algea and cure the source. You can tell by the recession of unwanted algea. GL..

Glad to hear everything is coming around and working out for the best for you.

Thanks Mike. ;)

thanks to cccapt for his Great advice, my tank looks alot nicer since i followed his advice thanks again buddy
Greg

Back
Top Bottom