My 75g (some ?'s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good catch Bert. I cant tell but why can't you put longer piece of tubing on it and get it lower ? The diffuser hangs on rim?

Yeah, after a modification to the rim... i have plenty of tubing, should i run some tubing down into the water so that its deeper?

I would love to, but i had to cut into the black frame to get it to hang at all... and is it ok to have the co2 line in the water? I doubt it would hurt anything, just wondering

Ahh I see. Definitely something to look at for later on tho. You would be loosing heaps of co2 being that high and being such a large tank it will struggle to reach the other side.

Co2 line is fine in water :) just make sure you have a check valve in the line so water can't back flow into your regulator.

I also love the lighting. If I wasnt renting my house id do the same! Just looks so clean.

Yes lines ok. You want it as low as possible. Hold as much co2 in tank as possible.

Thank you. And if the line is ok in the water, ill have to come up with a way to get it lower

You can even drill a hole in the intake tube of the hob and push the line into that. I've never done it myself but I've seen plenty of people do it.

However I don't like drilling hardware etc

Bert on fire. Since its a penguin that middle device that opens to allow more pick up. It might fit there. Been long time since I ran the penguin.

I ended up hanging it from the bottom suction of the heater, so its centralized and only an inch above the sand

I ended up hanging it from the bottom suction of the heater, so its centralized and only an inch above the sand

Good stuff :) should help you a lot more. Get a drop checker in there. You want it to be lime green by lights out of possible.

If your co2 is a little low it will cause some issues :)

Ok, so how long will it be before i see my plants flourishing? And how often should i dose the recommended ferts from GLA? Do i dose the 1ml per 10g and 0.1ml per 10g every day like it says, or no? Btw since that last pic i now have some more plants, including java moss

Ok, so how long will it be before i see my plants flourishing? And how often should i dose the recommended ferts from GLA? Do i dose the 1ml per 10g and 0.1ml per 10g every day like it says, or no? Btw since that last pic i now have some more plants, including java moss

Yep dose every day and 50% water change weekly. You should notice change in about 2 weeks or so :)

Quick question, so i can start recording this info to start pinpointing a balance. Are my two 48" finnex planted+ lights over my 75g putting me in med or high light? Note that they hang from chains and i have them about 4.5 inches above glass.

Ok, starting today, wont change a thing all week, apart from a 50% wc saturday..

Dose 8ml macro daily
Dose .8ml micro daily
CO2 set to roughly 5bps
CO2 on at 3:00pm
Lights 5 inches above glass
Lights on at 4:00pm
CO2 off at 7:30pm
Lights off at 8:00pm
CO2 back on at 11:00pm
Lights back on at 12:00am (midnight)
CO2 off at 3:30am
Lights off at 4:00am
50% wc saturday

Ill go with this for 2 weeks and see what happens, tweak if need be

I got my plants in the mail. I think im done buying plants for a while. Let these settle and grow/spread

Attachments

• 1485813818597.jpg
    1485813818597.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom