My 90 gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Ludwigia would look nice by the driftwood. Where did you get that from? It looks really healthy.

+1. Separate the bunches and space them prolly 1" apart. That should cover quite a bit of space and make a nice backdrop.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I ordered them off E-bay from the seller ExtraPlant. They are beautiful and healthy. They were packaged extremely well also. I would definitely recommend them based on this experience.
20+ stems for $19.99 shipping included. Ordered on Fri. and received on Tues. thumbs up from me.

The dw seems to draw your attention away from the rest of the tank somewhat..a little distracting in its current position imo.

20L Mafia

I ordered them off E-bay from the seller ExtraPlant. They are beautiful and healthy. They were packaged extremely well also. I would definitely recommend them based on this experience.
20+ stems for $19.99 shipping included. Ordered on Fri. and received on Tues. thumbs up from me.

ExtraPlant's plants are all grown emersed so there will be an adjustment period for plants while they change over to submersed growth.

20L Mafia

The dw seems to draw your attention away from the rest of the tank somewhat..a little distracting in its current position imo.

20L Mafia

That's probably because it is in the dead center of the tank. Off setting it to the left or right should help "balance" it out visually.

So ya'll think I should move the DW huh?
Ok then let's think about this a minute....
To the right is the little ledges I built in so I don't think I want it in that area.
To the left would work but I'm not sure if I should put it all the way in the back left and hide the intake with it and remove the water sprite.
I do like the idea of opening up the center more to do something with though; a lot.
I could add more variety in with some crypts and maybe some microsword.
Keep the input coming cause ya'll make my wheels turn harder with your experience at this stuff.

ExtraPlant's plants are all grown emersed so there will be an adjustment period for plants while they change over to submersed growth.

20L Mafia

Thanks for the heads up.
I do agree though that those plants look amazing now. We'll see if I can keep them close to that.

Shhhh.......Hush yo mouth.....lol

Shhhh.......Hush yo mouth.....lol

Haha funny!
I hate moving crypts because of the extensive root system. But sometimes it is necessary. Either they will thank you with good growth or melt.

Well, when I did my PWC last week I made a big mistake. I had all my jugs of RO water sitting outside and when I dumped them in the downward pressure was hitting on my star repens. Then I noticed the temp of the tank climbing as well. Roughly 2-3* higher. I burned up my star repens.
I was kinda hoping I just melted the leaves and it would come back but it sure don't look like it.
I'm gonna give it a couple days and see if it bounces back.
If not, I'm not sure if I want to do the star repen or go with the chain sword in that spot.
At any rate I did do a little rescaping this past weekend and moved the DW to the left to not be the center of attention. Now I need plants to grow. It looks empty....lol

Whooopsie.. they should come back I'd think..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm really hoping so Brookster.
I put some corkscrew Val's in a few weeks ago and I am seeing the center of the leaf get paper thin and a yellow/white discoloration in the center. Some of these are actually opening holes in the center too.
What is it needing?
I am dosing PPS Pro at recommended dosage daily for micro and macro. I also dose Flourish Excel daily. (I did run out for 3 days though)
I do not use the KNO3 as my stock keeps the nitrate level around 20 without it.
Is it an iron deficiency?
I have also noticed the repens leaves shape. I'll post a couple pics. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432737879.224238.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432737936.414588.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432738024.308984.jpg

Oh, I failed to mention that I do use root tabs too.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432738294.707669.jpg

This used to be my star repen bed I had....(drops forehead in hands)

Looks like you need a planted infusion, pm me if youre interested, I'll send you a ton of trimmings.

Deal. Check your messages.
I'd be honored.

Its on man! Honored to have my algae:p

My algae is darker than yours ?

My algae is darker than yours ?

My algae is uglier than all of yours though! ? Anyway, I think your tank looks fantastic, the same happened to me with the star repens.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom