my african dwarf frog died after one day of having him :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessybehr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have one other that ive had for about 5 days now and moved her out of my molly and platy community 35 gallon tank into a ten gallon tank of her own. will she do better in this environment? im scared she will go into shock due to the change of tanks. and i also want to make sure its all good before i buy her more companions. any advice?

My tank is cycled 0 nitrates 0 nitrotes . My community tank is 35 gallons. I moved my add to its own 10 gallon. Which is cycled as well. I have used it for large fry litters in the past.

also is it normal that now that i moved her into the ten gallon that shes been hiding in the same spot for two hours? i dont know how much they come up for air.

I don't know much about them but 82 seems to be a bit high for a fw tank. You could have gotten a bad frog that was already stressed and the last move was the straw that broke the camels back

How deep is the tank? ADFs have to surface every once in a while, and you don't want to have them too deep.

The one I just moved is in a 10 inch deep tank. They were in a 16 inch deep before but still surfaced I noticed before he died he kept floating on its back at the top and it also looked like he lost his left front foot and wasn't swimming right

Back
Top Bottom