My Albino Tiger Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMOOOZZZ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just noticed my Albino Tiger fish looks sick and it looks like his fins are breaking apart. What is going on can I reverse this?

Yes I just attached 2 pics, I do think it is fin rot..please help do not want to loose him.

Attachments

• image-1215029633.jpg
    image-1215029633.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3550390473.jpg
    image-3550390473.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 83
He's in a 30 gallon tank, have 3 other smaller cichlids fish. They all get along and been around each other for 5 months I did a 20% water change this morning. Had very small trace of Nitrites & Nitrates before water change.

He may be getting picked in when your not lookingor around from the pic it doesn't look like you have much of a way to hide and claim there own territories cichlids like caves and holes the can claim as there's and get away from the other fish

That's just a small part of the tank you see, they have bridges and a lot of plants to hide. He doesn't get picked on my other Tiger is the who gets bullied sometimes.

I just checked out some picture. It's likely that it is fin rot. I suggest you go on google and confirm you're self, but that's my hypothesis.

is your tank cycled? you said you have a small trace of nitrites. your nitrites should be 0 if the tank is cycled. what is your ammonia reading? please retest all the water parameters and post.

Back
Top Bottom