My Alternanthera Reniekii 'mini'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's where my stock of this rare little beauty is at so far. They were so pityful looking after seven days shipping from the UK. They melted back, grew back about 1/2", then melted back again, then decided to slowly come back. I don't dare move them to their permanent place until at least another month. I'm so nervous about these little guys. You can see my substrate color is not the best for showing them. The R. bonsai behind them really melted when I moved them and are really slow to come back also.
Later, OS.

Attachments

• DSCF1006.jpg
    DSCF1006.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 98
Janis
Your picture shows they have great color. Healthy looking leaves too. Mine just sat and did nothing but semi-melt for about 10 days. Then started growing. Slowly still. We'll keep each other posted on our progress. Take care and Happy Mother's Day!. Brian

Thanks for the Happy MD!

I might have to buy some from you if your's take since I only have three and don't know how long it will take before I can try trimming one down.. 6 months from now if I'm lucky!

Young lady! You WILL NOT buy any from me. You will get all I can muster when & if they make it for free! Good gosh as much help as you have given me, I owe you so much. Friends help friends and I consider you one of mine. Later, Brian.

Was there a question you were trying to ask in your original post, or we you just sharing?

I would really like to get some of that plant when my tank gets done with its emersed phase. Do either of you know of any reasonable domestic sellers?

I was sharing and hoping someone, somewhere might share their experience with this plant. This is still mostly in Europe and I figured someone from there might share their experience with this plant. OS.

Congrats OS on getting that plant from overseas! I remember you telling me about it. Looks like it rebounded nicely! I've seen only one seller on TPT, and he was asking top dollar for those.

Edit: does your European supplier have aponogeton crispus "red" by any chance? Unless it happens to be Tropica? Haha
http://www.tropica.com/en/plants/plantdescription.aspx?pid=083B

Last edited:
Mine came from TPT and I've seen 2 or 3 sellers (2 for sure) but the price is $20-$25 per stem/plant.

Reply to Brian about crispus red

Here is the link to the european supplier I ordered these from. The amounts are in Euros and they are really expensive. These people are a dealer of all the Tropica plants. Took mine 7 days to get to Arkansas. They answered my E mails pretty quickly after I ordered. OS.
Plants | The Green Machine

Here is the link to the european supplier I ordered these from. The amounts are in Euros and they are really expensive. These people are a dealer of all the Tropica plants. Took mine 7 days to get to Arkansas. They answered my E mails pretty quickly after I ordered. OS.
Plants | The Green Machine

It's not just that but I've brought in things twice from Europe and the shipping was as much as the item. After that I've been pretty cured from ordering across the pond!

that plant looks great i found some on planted tank awhile ago but 20 bucks per stem or 5 for 90 was a little outrageous...jealous...

Wow! 5 stems for $90! That's crookery! I ordered 2 Tropica sized tubs of Ammania 'Bonsai' , 3 tubs of Pogostemon Erectus, and 3 tubs of the AR 'mini' from the green machine as stated and shipping and all was $110. However the erectus didn't recover from the 7 days of shipping. I might add the plants were pretty tiny also. If Rivercats and I can get this stuff to grow and proliferate we might get to break the elitist's monopoly. LOL OS.

Last edited:
I know right its crazy...I know jeta is looking for some rare or at least rare in the USA plants to add to his greenhouse for his store I was thinking of buying some ar mini and sending him one but when I seen the price tag plus shipping I was a little bummed...lol...its all good I'm sure one day someone will be selling some at a reasonable price.

The more there are available the more the price will drop. I priced UG and Blood Vomit when I was looking for new plants and one tiny BV is $25 and a 2x2" square of UG is about the same. It just boils down to how bad you want something.

Back
Top Bottom