My aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
**** I like I been trying to find some dry food that's good for my discus

**** I like I been trying to find some dry food that's good for my discus

Lmao !!!! I'm not exactly sure how far away he is from you, but I'm going there late June-early July. It'll be about a 4-1/2 hour drive for me and planning on a one day round trip. May do an overnight if I can find a local hotel that will let me bring my dogs as they go everywhere ??? !!

He is only 30 minute drive from me not far at all

He is only 30 minute drive from me not far at all

You are super lucky to be so close. He is highly respected and well spoken of in the Discus community. From what I understand, if you call ahead you could get a chance to meet the man himself and get a little tour of the place. I'm still in the planning of my trip and some of it will revolve around him being there just for that purpose.

**** when u day u plan on going I could meet u there

I'm about to post some pics of my fish close up

The are about 4 inches an I plan on growing them to the max length

They are in. 150 gallon tank so this is their permanent home

Hats a huge tank for growing out. Gonna take a lot of power feeding and huge frequent water changes to get them to the 6 or 7" mark. Best of luck as you'll have your hands full. And wet ???lol.

Water changes are not that bad I got a big trash can that I do that with now as far as power feeding I may have a problem with

I learned the hard way about power feeding. I now have 2 that are almost 4" from lack of. My newest that I got I did power feed and 50% WC's twice daily then 90% on the weekends. They came about 4-1/2-5" and are now both 6". They came from a sponsor on another site I spend most of my time at. I come back here from time to time to see of any new Discus postings.

Every week now as far as the power feed what do I have to do

Power feeding is simply 4-6 times a day of good quality food. Beefheart is the most recommended along with freeze dried black worms and Mysis shrimp. Frozen blood worms as a good treat. I'll pm you some info.

Back
Top Bottom