My baby!! 90 gallon 8 months old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oilerfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I see a lot of newly started tanks on this thread so I thought since thus is a showcase, I'd show off my other child. Nothing against these other tanks cause this tank had to start there too. But here's some eye candy...

Attachments

• image-1303443573.jpg
    image-1303443573.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 613
  • image-3353906542.jpg
    image-3353906542.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 591
  • image-2155428630.jpg
    image-2155428630.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 593
  • image-4120475257.jpg
    image-4120475257.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 570
  • image-3426911316.jpg
    image-3426911316.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 612
Very nice, are those clay pots? i use PVC to keep my rock off the bottom and what it that coral in last pic?

That's a trachyphyllia brain coral! Sweet eh? Couldn't pass it up when I saw it!
Yeah the clay pots are a bit more of an eyesore but I found them more sturdy...

Yeah I'm using 6x54w t5s 3 actinic 2 Fiji purple and 1 new gen ( daylight )
Why do u ask?

cuz it looks pretty awesome, looks very blue considerign you are using 3 actinics and 2 fiji purples, they both have a purplish color to them

and t5s just look so awesome, colors up the reef so well its just to hard to compete

I'm sorry man!... I was mistaken... It is three blue plus!.. Not actinics! I had my mind set on actinic cause I'm planning on adding some actinic soon!.. Sorry. Good catch tho...I like the color from my t5s too but I still like the shimmer you get from halides!... Still pondering one of those too but I don't know if that would be overkill

Beautiful clownfish and love the green star polyp rock...i can't wait until mine takes off like that.

Great tank!:)

Oh and I just noticed the Hippo Tang. The Clown Hippo color combo is one of the best.

Thanks crabby
Yeah I just trimmed my green star cause it was getting a little out of hand. I just added a copperband as well. I love the color out of her! And she's eating mysis like a pig already!

Oh man, a Copperband too--Awesome, another one of my favorites. If it's not too much to ask, a pic of her when you get a chance?

Can you share a little more info on the equipment you are using? I love how simple it looks.

Ive been meaning to get a pic of my new fave fish crabby so it is my pleasure!
Btw I'm running an aquaclear 110 hang on filter and 65 gallon skimmer ( coralife ) (yeah it's probly a bit small for a 90), two 750 gph koralias and two 250w heaters. It is pretty basic really... My lighting is 6 x 54w t5 teklight with 2 blue plus, 2 purple Fiji, 1 pure actinic, 1 new gen (daylight)

Attachments

• image-693922235.jpg
    image-693922235.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 158
^ You sir, are a gentleman. Wonderful fish! And eating right off the bat. Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. Love the tank, and the simple set up too.....it's a testament to those of us who make HOB's work. You've earned a red dancing M&M :dance:

Thanks again crabby. I appreciate the feedback. I don't suppose you have any pics to share. I'd hate to have the conversation revolve around me...like you, I appreciate seeing others' tanks and setups as well. After all, there's always more to learn in this hobby. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom