My Beautiful White Lab fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WendiDell

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here is the first picture of my White Lab Fry. Because of how white they are it was really hard to see them let alone get any photo's of them. But here they are at 2 weeks old and going and growing strong.

Attachments

• White lab fry 10272011.jpg
    White lab fry 10272011.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 143
very nice! my yellow lab fry are 2 weeks also... exciting isnt it?

It is exciting but I also have 29 4 week old Kenyi Fry, so we're swimming in fry, pardon the pun. I am seriously running out of room. But I love watching all the changes as they grow up. It never gets old.

Very nice, good to see/hear you're getting them to breed.

Getting them to breed hasn't been a problem. Getting them to slow down and not breed so many, so often, now that's a problem. I only have a 55g Mbuna tank. But as of today I have 63 fry, White labs, Yellow Labs and Kenyi's. I am frantically looking for an affordable 75g tank for our Mbunas, so I can use the 55g for a grow tank, but no luck with that plan.
But I'm hoping that because non albino White Labs are pretty unusual around here, that I may be able to find good homes for them.
In fact I only have 1 male and 1 female white lab myself. I haven't been able to get anymore. I would try online but you never know if your getting a male or female, it's a crap shoot. I'm going to keep a few of the females from this bunch. So my poor Daisey (female white lab) won't be chased quite so much.

I upgraded from a 55g to a 75g which I got at Uncle Bill's in Greenwood,In during a special for $1 a gallon..an absolute steal in my opion,my mbuna love it..by the way way amazingly enough they don't jack up my live plants...

ForumRunner_20111028_074432.jpg

I upgraded from a 55g to a 75g which I got at Uncle Bill's in Greenwood,In during a special for $1 a gallon..an absolute steal in my opion,my mbuna love it..by the way way amazingly enough they don't jack up my live plants...

View attachment 58392

We don't have an Uncle Bill's in Or., unfortunately. How much more was it for the stand?
Not digging up your plants is almost unheard of. Even my fake plants don't stand a chance with the group of Mbuna I have.

The stand was bought earlier on for my 55g&was big enough to support up to 80gs,paid $140 for it&built it on myself...

The stand was bought earlier on for my 55g&was big enough to support up to 80gs,paid $140 for it&built it on myself...

That seems to be the best way to go,(building it yourself). Otherwise even a crummy one on craigslist is about $150.00 and then $75.00-$100.00 for a used tank. Which doesn't seem like much of a deal to me.
But I will keep looking, I just have way to many fry to keep in a 10g tank..

Back
Top Bottom