My betta has an odd lump by the start of its tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icydeath

Aquarium Advice Addict
My betta has this odd lump on the start of its tail which makes the tail kinda turn to one side, the fish also has difficulty swimming up for food and has been slowly getting thinner and weaker.
IMG_7615.jpgIMG_7617.jpg

I actually wondered if it had broken the tail somehow (like cats do with their tails every so often). Just looking at picture.

If the lump looks more internal and growing, probably some sort of tumour and not much hope. You could try dosing salt in case it is some sort of cyst - long shot on helping.

I actually wondered if it had broken the tail somehow (like cats do with their tails every so often). Just looking at picture.

If the lump looks more internal and growing, probably some sort of tumour and not much hope. You could try dosing salt in case it is some sort of cyst - long shot on helping.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea on the broken tail.. I'll try to keep giving tlc and hope he turns out okay. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom