My betta is swimming hella weird ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Razorsharp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My betta is swimming hella weird like in short little bursts it looks like a fin is damaged but i cant tell and after his little bursts he will just lay down all creepy any advice? And will this go away?

Do a water change and if a fin is damaged use some medications. Be careful not to overdose the medications. Always follow directions.

What type and where can I find these meds? Also now my beta is just floating there not belly up or anything just with his head up and body down

Be careful not to jump to conclusions. I have a betta that swims in bursts and one that swims smoothly, I think it just depends on the betta. As far as the damaged fin it could heal itself over time. If you can post a picture of it we can tell you if you need meds or not, but do some more frequent water changes that will certainly help.

How big is your tank? Sorry but i don't know how to help you with your floating betta. Try to get someone to look here so you can get some help. If you need the meds they might be at your lfs.

It's like a 1.5 gallon tank with filter it is also a community tank with one fiddler crab (he does have a place to crawl up to and chill he is there most of the day and pretty much avoids the betta and vice versa) and also 4 ghost shrimp and I also have some like barrels the betta goes into and chills when I turn off the light and also a round moss ball (live plant)

That's alot of fish and shrimp and that stuff in there.

That's a very poorly stocked tank. The betta alone should really be in a 5 gallon. Not sure what the crab needs size-wise but don't think it's a good combo with the betta.

With regard to meds, never use meds unless and until you have diagnosed a specific illness. Clean water is the best thing you can offer your fish.

Is his belly bloated? Could be swim bladder issues if so, fasting would be my next step, and temps at 80-83 degrees(adjust slowly).

Ultimate Betta forums are great help for diagnosis if you can post photos! Saved my Marshall a few times!

Back
Top Bottom