My big piece of driftwood came!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's some pix of my driftwood that came. one piece is already soaking its small but here's a pic of my big piece. I can prob get so many plants to attach to this!!! What are the best type of driftwood plants... My pleco is going to love this. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-866806822.jpg
    image-866806822.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1115522875.jpg
    image-1115522875.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2694148489.jpg
    image-2694148489.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 111
Here's some pix of my driftwood that came. one piece is already soaking its small but here's a pic of my big piece. I can prob get so many plants to attach to this!!! What are the best type of driftwood plants... My pleco is going to love this. What do you guys think?

I'd make a garden using 3 very different types of anubias. Say, a nano, a narrow leaf, and a broad leaf? Or a moss such as flame moss and 1 feature plant such as a large broad leaf anubias?

I am a big fan of Java fern "Philippine" on driftwood, as in large clumps it looks incredible (google it and see). Bolbitis is also another slightly more unusual one.

Very nice piece. If you can get it, pellia is nice on wood too. Three basic types, mini, regular and huge, [ subwassertang]. They are liverworts, and have a neat look no other plant has.

Bolbitis fern is a bit harder to grow than java ferns. Tends to like a bit lower pH than java, but you certainly can try it. There are some really nice java fern forms though some are hard to get. Trident is narrow and forms offshoots that look a bit like a narrow staghorn fern. Very slow grower, can be quite costly but truly lovely.

Do yourself a favour and don't buy any potted ferns. They cost more and nine times out of ten the rhizome will be mush when you take the potting media away. They hate being buried, in anything, which is why they do so well on wood.

Wow thanks so much I have so may great possibilities!!!! I have to
Look up all these plants I have no idea what they all look like lol.

Definitely gonna second on the Anubias. Once they get started they grow like crazy. I have one in my 50 gallon that is absolutely massive.

Back
Top Bottom