My blue tang is dead...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't know what to say, I just got home from the bars, and my blue tang is dead, I'm almost in tears, this was my all time favorite fish without a doubt...

Joshua...

Man, I am so sorry to hear that. How long have you had him? Did he have any marks on him or anything else that could help you determine why?

Jim

wow that's hard to take. it always seems to happen to the favorite fish.

Sorry to hear about your tang, Joshua. Was this your powder blue? Any thoughts as to what happened? Lando

Well, it seems as if the tang died of starvation, I'd had it for over 3 months, and it always ate just fine, but apparently it just stopped a few days ago while I was out of town. A few other people have told e that this isn't a totally uncommon thing for powder blue tangs in non reef tanks, any thoughts from anyone??

For the record, water tests follow.

PH 8.4
Nitrite, Amonia, 0
Nitrate around 1-2
Phosphate noticeable
gravity 1.024

My calcium and alk are all messed up, but this is a FOWLR tank, if anything has any thoughts on this let me know, for the record calcium is like less than 200, and I can't get the alk kit to work right so I think it's way one way or the other.

Thanks guys, I really appriciate the words, for now this will remain a clownfish tank, two false clowns in a 75gal, outa be happy fish unless I do something way wrong, haha, Joshua...

If you do decide to go with another fish, I highly recommend a Naso Tang. They are very personable fish, quite hardy and the one i had in my tank would eat ANYTHING after it was in the tank a few weeks. Also non aggressive, so it wouldn't bother your clowns.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss
Jim

Back
Top Bottom