My Cichlids are Vegetarians!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TwoTank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So the other day I decided that my Cichlids deserved a treat. I went out to my LPS and bought some frozen blood worms. I dropped a block in and expected this frenzy... But nothing happened. They swam to it, looked at it, and swam away. It was extremely dissapointing.

Yeah... I don't quite understand it either... They also won't come up to the top of the water to grab the floating pellets. Is this strange? When I first got them, I had smaller pellets so they could fit them in their mouths, but now they are much larger and require a medium sized pellet. My problem is that these pellets float, and they will not come up top to eat them.

my africans wont eat anything other than new life spectrum cichlid formula. i ran out and had a very hard time getting them to eat the other junk before my order came in. might be worth trying, and nls is the best food for cichlids, period

my africans wont eat anything other than new life spectrum cichlid formula. i ran out and had a very hard time getting them to eat the other junk before my order came in. might be worth trying, and nls is the best food for cichlids, period
nls is good but many would disagree with your statement.

some times fish take some time to get used to new food. they prob be feed flakes or pellets most their life. have you thought about trying some live food?

yea best bet not to confuse people with opinions as facts. its easy to forget but i try so hard to make sure i dont do it since to often in this hobby opinions become fact that just might not be true.

Its like some sort of savage shark attack when i dump a load of bloodworm in the tank, its mega gruesome :D

Back
Top Bottom