My Clown Loaches are clicking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
They are making this weird clicking noise and I have had them for a yr never heard that before until I put in 2 more with the 2 I had. Now the clicking anyone know what this is " clicking noise"

Attachments

• image-3088736188.jpg
    image-3088736188.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image-2098367039.jpg
    image-2098367039.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 100
I've heard of them making clicking noises and ive been told that they usally do it when the eat, get excited, or happy.

This sound is produced by the loaches grinding of their pharyngeal teeth. My yo-yo loaches rarely click and it is the one thing I loved about the clown loaches I had years ago.

As far as I know all loaches have them. They are located in the arch of the throats of many fish that don't have actual teeth. I actually found this out at a fish meeting when they were discussing goldfish having these pharyngeal teeth which I had never heard of.

As far as I know all loaches have them. They are located in the arch of the throats of many fish that don't have actual teeth. I actually found this out at a fish meeting when they were discussing goldfish having these pharyngeal teeth which I had never heard of.

Yeah that's really interesting wouldn't have known that most fish have them i thought that mostly it was cichlids that have them but that's really cool to know

I wasn't so shocked about other fish but the fact goldies had them is what shocked me.

Very interesting that cool maybe they will breed lol

Haha I wouldn't get my hopes up, breeding clown loaches is nearly unheard of. 99.999999% more likely they just are happy and are liking what you're feeding them.

Haha I wouldn't get my hopes up, breeding clown loaches is nearly unheard of. 99.999999% more likely they just are happy and are liking what you're feeding them.

Yeah, I know lol that would be cool though

Back
Top Bottom