My discus planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice tank love the decore and the Discus's of course here's a pic of my tank no co2 thoughhttp://youtu.be/wVXDPnO7I0s

Wow you have some lovely discus is that a stentker I see??? They're my favourite discus just couldn't find them a while back and now I'm fully stocked :( how often and what do you feed your discus? I feed mine tetra discus granule in the morning and evening and fresh chopped prawns mid day every day is that good or bad???

I can't remember the discus kinds because I have had so many I lost track lol. I feed mine frozen brine shrimp once some time twice a day and I feed them spiralina flakes 3 times a day. I feed my discus frozen blood worms sometimes instead of brine shrimp. They also eat on algae wafers and some times mussel. I have several things I with my discus so when I feed the others stuff sometimes the Discus will eat it first lol. I feed a lot. But I do twice a week water changes bout 30 percent. I have these 3 that keep breeding 1 male 2 females they are every other week it seems. Frisky little guys lol.

I can't remember the discus kinds because I have had so many I lost track lol. I feed mine frozen brine shrimp once some time twice a day and I feed them spiralina flakes 3 times a day. I feed my discus frozen blood worms sometimes instead of brine shrimp. They also eat on algae wafers and some times mussel. I have several things I with my discus so when I feed the others stuff sometimes the Discus will eat it first lol. I feed a lot. But I do twice a week water changes bout 30 percent. I have these 3 that keep breeding 1 male 2 females they are every other week it seems. Frisky little guys lol.

Thanks for the info! Mine aren't big enough for breeding not even any established pairs yet! Are you using hard or soft water???

Update! Sprayed my background black because I thought the old one made it too busy in the tank I think the all black gives more depth and appreciation to the plants and fish. What do you think???

image-876765682.jpg

Is that a leopard ctenopoma and your tank looks awesome

Yeah obviously the discus are my favourite tank mates but he's ma boy love him! Soo much character perfect a compliment to a discus tank in my eyes really peacefull tank mate but will rip any food apart like a peacock bass perfect for me :)

Nice, I just got a ctenopoma myself never wouldve thought they would do well together that's awesome

Nice, I just got a ctenopoma myself never wouldve thought they would do well together that's awesome

I'd never have a tank without one now! They can be a little tricky with feeding when they are young but as they get older they destroy everything! Any spiders and bugs I find round the house I chuck them in and he loves them other than that he eats whole prawns :) how big is yours? You got a pic?

Yes he's about 3"

Attachments

• image-2533751108.jpg
    image-2533751108.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3534457022.jpg
    image-3534457022.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 91
Yes he's about 3"

Man I miss mine being a good looking little fish they're a bit like golden retrievers cute when they're small and big beasts only a male could live when they're big lol. If you haven't already try him with prawns just break them up a bit :)

I no this is off topic ! But can someone help me ID my bottom feeder.

image-2209679459.jpg

I no this is off topic ! But can someone help me ID my bottom feeder.

Spotted bristle nose female I think from the body but not too sure of the mouth looks a but pointy for BN any more pics??? p.s you just hijacked my thread the least you could do is tell me what you think of my tank! Hahahahha

Update new fish!!!!

Adolfi cory cats

image-4029181996.jpg

And one male one female apistagramma

image-2051783872.jpg

I love your tank!! what size do the cories get cause I might just have to get some!!

Back
Top Bottom