My featherfin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seiri

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my featherfin...I've had him since he was about an inch long. I got him because he was shipped by accident with a group of other fish at the Petsmart where I was working at the time. I was the only employee that could ID fish that were put into wrong bags and whatnot :oops: so I said I didn't know what he was and volunteered to take him home (I couldn't let them tell me to stick him in with the other larger ones to get picked on and eaten!) He's kinda been my baby since then and always comes out for pictures lol:lol: He's almost 7 inches long now! The first pic is him without the flash.

Attachments

• DSC00175.jpg
    DSC00175.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00087.jpg
    DSC00087.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00086.jpg
    DSC00086.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 89
I agree. I have 3 and love them. They are very friendly as well. Mine have learned to eat shrimp pellets from my hand and also will roll onto their backs for belly rubs when I'm cleaning the tank.

I didn't think they could get THAT friendly lol mine recognizes my face and will come out for me when he sees that it's me (I stare at my tank a lot) but he hides if anyone else mushes their face against the tank...well, I'm looking forward to many more years with him and maybe we'll get to that point ^_^

Wow, he's awesome! I have one I got from Petsmart too. Dude that sold it to me had no idea what it was, so he sold it me as a pleco for like $6. Now I see they have them for $17.99. Jeez! You'rs looks great though, wish mine wasn't camera shy!

Hey, I just thought of a question for you - do you have problems with yours uprooting your plants? Mine loves to scrounge around the bottom of the plants and the ones that aren't well rooted tend to end up floating! If so, how do you deal with it?

I don't have a problem with him pulling anything up...he's got to be the most well mannered fish I've ever had...he just hides in his driftwood until later in the evening and then just kinda wanders around until I feed him...

Back
Top Bottom