My female Angel Fish died today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gaylet71

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there my female fighting fish died today I did have a male and female breeding pair. I have been told Angel fish only mate with one partner for life is this true. I have 160 litre tank with now only one angel a red tailed shark, 2 mollies, 2 corey cat fish and 5 Platys, What else can I put in this tank can I put other Angel fish or will this upset my one Angel fish ... I am bit confused as to what to do but my tank is looking very , very bare

Thanks

Gayle

You should put a dwarf gourami in your tank, they're so cute :):

Adding another angel can be tricky. If you try it you need to get one of similar size, remove the established angel from the tank, add the new one and rearrange the tank, than re-add the original angel. This often helps by tricking the old angel into thinking it's in a new tank without an established territory.

Adding another angel can be tricky. If you try it you need to get one of similar size, remove the established angel from the tank, add the new one and rearrange the tank, than re-add the original angel. This often helps by tricking the old angel into thinking it's in a new tank without an established territory.
Yes, this! ^^
Adding new angels is tricky and can be a little hit or miss depending on personalities. I have one who has been fine with new angel tankmates of any size, and others that are NOT so accommodating. If you can't find another angel of roughly the same size, you can try to grow out some young ones in different tank until they are similar sized (I am currently doing this). Most good lfs's will eventually get in some adult angels on a trade-in though, so keep your eyes open!
Also, to repeat Old Scales, it is entirely untrue that angel won't re-mate. Also, when given the opportunity, don't rely on them to avoid fishy affairs if the opportunity presents itself. ;)

Hi thanks everyone I got up this morning and my Male Angel is hanging around the back of the Tank not really doing anything .... I think I shall get another Angel today as the one that is left is the Timid one. He always ate last and he is the shy one.... Should I buy I or can I put a few in the tank will more than 2 cause a problem .... Or can I now change what is in my tank like having silver dollars or something else ??? Are silver dollars aggressive fish ?

I have a silver dollar, and from what I can tell/see, they're not aggressive at all. Very sweet:)

Back
Top Bottom