My Finger Leather Coral is Drooping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jan4scuba

Aquarium Advice Activist
It seems my cleanup crew caused a landslide in my tank overnight and I woke up to find my Finger Leather Coral buried under LR. After getting things back to semi normal, the coral is wilting. How can I tell if it's dying? Is there anything I can do to help it and if it is dying will it pollute the tank.

I'm a newbie in reefs so I have no idea of how resilient they are and have no clue how the react to different circumstances.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
J

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I`ve had mine for 15 years now and they do that quite often. It`s called sloughing. It will do this for a while and then go back to normal. except for the being buried by substrate it`s very normal.

Thanks for the quick response. How long can I expect this to last before I worry?

Just in case it isn't back to normal, my leathers will do that now and again for no apparent reason. Looks pretty bad, but nothing seems to be wrong in every case so far! Can take a few days to look normal again though...

Back
Top Bottom