My first 10G build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin83

Aquarium Advice Activist
Be brutaly honest.. I hope its pleasing.. its a little messy right now and I don't think I'm done messing around in there ... I have 1 sword tail.. 1 platy... 1 otto.. 10 rcs.. my mollie and my other otto died. * tear* miss my dalmation molly and my otto... I'm trying to get my girl to let me upgrade to a 33 gal but its hard uphill battle... and I can even get the 33 gal for 20 bucks with out hood or light .. but that's the easy part lol

You have a great beginning Justin.

What kind of plants are there? And what kind of lighting are you using?

I don't think I'm done messing around in there

Once the plant bug bites, you will never be done messing around in there :)

Remember when judging a tank for looks: No one's opinion counts more than your own, because if you like it, that is what matters most.

mabey some one can ID these plants for me too

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

8.) i know its hard to see it was the best angle i could get

9.)best photo i could get

there is only one fake in the tank its the tall one over in the right hand corner i use it because its hide the air line to the bubble curtain stone very well :)

just a single florescent 13w aqua light. (wallmart special) hehe
and im not sure of the plants i posted some pics hoping they could be Id :)

#3 definately looks like a type of ludwigia, the rest is hard to tell.

#5 could be water wisteria, but I can't say for certain.

You might have trouble with the ludwigia under that lowlight. The wisteria will probably be okay, if that is what it is.

ok i was told that i was given some wisteria but wasnt sure which was it.. these are pics from my phone im gonna try and get some better ones tomarrow with a regular cam and up load.. thanks for trying

Looking good!

Now to tackle your plant ID's. :)

#1 - Hygrophila corymbosa (might do ok with that lighting)
#2 - Blyxa japonica (might survive but won't thrive without more light)
#3 - Ludwigia...repens (I think). Might do ok with that lighting. Won't stay red though.
#4 - Cabomba - won't thrive without more light
#5 - not sure
#8 - Wisteria - should do ok with your lighting
#9 - Java moss? - will grow fine

I'm trying to get my girl to let me upgrade to a 33 gal but its hard uphill battle... and I can even get the 33 gal for 20 bucks with out hood or light .. but that's the easy part lol

Would she kill you if you bought it and said it was for her? Lol. That's what my Mr. does to me all the time.

20 bucks is a steal for a 33

No doubt

mudraker said:
Would she kill you if you bought it and said it was for her? Lol. That's what my Mr. does to me all the time.

hahahaha I would love to meet ur mr!! That's a good trick! Im gonna do that to my mom and dad! Haha probably wouldn't work thou!! (sorry if I'm goin off topic

ok good i was hoping that last one was java moss ive been wanting some .. hope the few little wisps i have in there take hold
i got all my plants from jeta and my Rcs all are doing well ecept i thinka few small rcs became lunch im not sure its hard to see those buggers

im planning on getting into a bigger tank i have a 20H out on the porch waiting for me to make up my mind weather im going to get that 33 and .. then buy a new filter and lights and hood.. lol or use the 20h and get a new hood and lights lol... ok now for some more pics

1.)

2.)

3.)

ok so pretty much everyone aggrees that i have to get more light...
ok so out to the garage to cannabalize a few old lights to make a double bulb light to put on my tank ... thanks all keep the feed back coming .. it will help me when i do my 33 gal build :p

The upper righthand corner of the pic in #3 is a plastic plant I used to hide my air line to the bubble curtain.. is that what your talking about (just one more) in #3 or the one that is more centered

Thanks jeta.. and thank you all for your comments and ids of my plants I really appriceate it.. keep them coming

i wouldve sent you more java moss I didn't know you wanted it :p that little bit was a stowaway.

I like the way you planted the tank, although I prefer a more natural gravel or sand look, but I still like it nonetheless.

:) that is no problem I am happy with what I receved and that little stow away should grow .. I have to get a diffrent light.. I think ill just build my own.. the cherry shrimp are awsome I love watching them crawl around doing there thing... when I can actualy find them lol.. the gravel I'm going to change soon I donmt care much for the washed gravel my self either.. I am adctualy thinking of getting some of that black sand that I have been reading about on here ... I really like the way that looks

Back
Top Bottom