My first 75gal saltwater tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanjunkie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here are some pictures of my tank. Was wondering what everyone thinks about my tank!!

ForumRunner_20120802_203203.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_203238.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_203359.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_203437.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_203512.jpg

ForumRunner_20120802_203552.jpg

Looks great but the hippo should be in a 6' minimum and will need to be rehomed down the road unless you wanna risk a ich outbreak due to stress. Also you may want to raise your powerheads a lil more off the sand to keep debris from tearing up the housing or propellers. Other then that great start and hope you keeps us updated :)

oceanjunkie said:
Ok thanks how high should I move them up on the sides.

What do you mean? I would put them about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way up the sides

Ok thank you I'll try moving them up was getting a lot of debris on the sand bed.

How much gph do you have in your tank when adding everything together (anything moving water inside the display tank) for a 75 reef you'll want 3000-4000 gph (low end Softies high end sps)

I have two 1150 power heads and my return pump is 900 gph maybe I need a couple more small power heads. Thanks for all the info.

Ya I would add like a 750 since your return pump after head loss is gonna be probably cut in half. Plus having multiple points of water movement gives you more options then a few stronger ones helping to avoid dead spots. No problem though that's what this sites for :) any other questions feel free to ask you'll get a lot of very knowledgeable people to help you out any time

Whats your lighting?

FYI nems will not fair well in a new tank, keep an eye on em. Recommended to wait for an established tank of 6-12 months before a nem purchase for water stability reasons. Many changes to expect the first 6-12 months.

I have a four bulb t5 Ho unit. I will keep a close eye on it. The tank has been up for about 4 months now everything has been going pretty good. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom