My first planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update!

Just a quickie. Added a few more plants to the tank and things have grown in a bit. The Mondo Grass (its doing great in a little pot in the birdbath out front) was replaced with some Blxya which I love. Doubled up the Red Lugwigia to fill in the back. Can't wait to see that grown in. I also moved things around just a bit. Enjoy

img_1073624_0_89663d5e190126fe7d77e0467d080d89.jpg

FTS

Just a quick update and a bad pic. Tank seems to be doing quite well. Tons of growth but I seem to be fighting hair algae again. It looks like I've got it on the run but its some resilient stuff.

Here is what it looks like now with the growth and some new plants from a local club meeting.

img_1079025_0_67e1f5c93750b92b6420118d262e8265.jpg

that looks freaking awesome. I am about to venture into a planted setup for the first time. I have a 55 that is mighty lonely, and now i am just waiting for a local fish auction for stocking. Your tank has given me some awesome ideas. As well as explaining why the mondo grass i used in the past kept dying... lol

Looking good! Looks like the Ludwigia is in need of a trimming. How fast is yours growing? I'm curious to see the difference between yours (no ferts or co2) and mine (ferts and co2).

Thanks everyone. Its still a work in progress. I have to figure out something out for the back right corner behind the cave but I like it for now.

sarahh: Good luck with your setup. I'm having fun with mine so far. Looking forward to setting up another one. Oh, and the Mondo Grass is doing great in a little pot in the bird bath in my front yard now :)

meegosh: The Ludwigia grows quite fast in here. I am using Flourish, Flourish Excel, root tabs and just started iron to get the red to come back but its not a full fert regiment. I'd say its grown four or five inches since my last update two weeks ago. Its definitely time for a trim though.

Thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom