My first semi planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Superfish425

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my 29g freshwater tank I have a few live plants in it now but the ones on the rock are not but I'm gonna add some drift wood and more plants and remove the fake stuff. I have an assortment of fish including an Indian pea puffer, two gold barbs, a nice large school of neon tetras, a dwarf gourami and more. Excited to be part of this awesome forum
ATTACH]234389[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398198370.587413.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398198380.155925.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398198353.553040.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398198353.553040.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 167
Redid the layout, what are your thoughts. Java moss will drape over the drift wood once I get itImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398206574.041988.jpg

Very nice! It's coming along great! When plants fill in it will be really welcoming for your fish. Well done

Thanks Monk!! I'm adding some more moss this weekend to give my shrimp more hiding spots under the drift wood.

The pea puffer might cause problems as it is a fin nipper and territorial. But other then that it should be fine

Yeah he doesn't really nip at anyone, usually just runs from the fight. He likes to pester my snails but they seem to have out smarter him. they just stay in their shell till my puffer settles down for the night than they go to town on my algae. But thanks for the advice I'll keep an eye out for damaged fins.

Will do I feed him brine shrimp and when I have baby snails he goes to town on those. Better than an assassin snail at keep my snail population under control hahahhaha

Here with new java moss on the right and put some on the clip to help it spread out and grow over the rockImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398640774.379990.jpg

Updated view water sprite is taking off! I removed the uv filter and added a sponge filterImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399673537.699045.jpg

All natural now. Added real lava rock and re planted some water sprite and added some micro sword grass

Back
Top Bottom