my first time breeding bettas can anyone tell me if my set up is right?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dylan5359 said:
I have bred bettas last year but ended up closing down. Setup looks great except that container the females in. It should be see-through. I went to a hardware store and bought a $2 oil glass chimney cover. From the picture it looks like there is a net or something.
What he means by conditioning is optional. But usually required for the female after breeding. (it's just keeping them in a nice tank warm water, being fed nice foods, etc.) Conditioning before breeding is optional but what I suggest is just feeding them some nice foods, (bloodworms, etc) Also how old is that male? Most males tend to lose their mating drive at about a year and over. And believe me it's true, had this problem with one of my older bettas. Also instead of that styrofoam cup I suggest using a small section of bubble wrap. Tends to stay in place more but they work all the same in the end. And I assume you know when to add the female to the male? Hope this helps.

Cool thanks I have some clear containers I can float in the tank and as for adding them is it when is bubble nest is huge if not please explain it to me thanks

No not just that. The female would refuse. Again getting that oil lamp thing makes it easier. Because when the female starts swimming up and down and looking fatter she's ready.

So when she swims up and down that's a sure sign for her wanting to mate?

Back
Top Bottom