My fish are disapearing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 15g column guppy tank with 3 glofish and 6 female Guppys an 3 male Guppys one of the males passed yesterday but a bout a week ago one male just disappeared and then today a female is missing I looked every where in my filter under rocks and no luck I always check my gravel filter and do a fish count after I clean the tank and all fish have been there I just don't understand how they're disappearing please help

And when I say my fish are vanishing I don't mean they are dying they are missing its a small tank with not many places I don't see how they are just missing they are not parts on the bottom if the other fish would have eaten them and they aren't anywhere on the ground around the tank

Have you checked outside the tank? Could they have jumped out and ended up somewhere that isn't easy to see?
Look carefully because they tend to shrivel up when they dehydrate and guppies aren't that big to begin with.

Have you checked outside the tank? Could they have jumped out and ended up somewhere that isn't easy to see?
Look carefully because they tend to shrivel up when they dehydrate and guppies aren't that big to begin with.

Yes I have check everywhere

Do you have kids or other pets around, they tend to clean up small fish on the ground....

Yes I have two cats but the one wont eat fish he's actually allergic to them and the other reacts badly to any type of meat so neither of them would have eaten them and they aren't allowed in my room where I have my fish

And I just can't see that they would eat them so fast and they eat plenty of food and are very healthy it would be very weird

And I just can't see that they would eat them so fast and they eat plenty of food and are very healthy it would be very weird

How big are your goldfish? If they are around 4 inches or so they could very well be gobbling up the guppies. I lost several neons in my early days because my goldfish would suck them up!

How big are your goldfish? If they are around 4 inches or so they could very well be gobbling up the guppies. I lost several neons in my early days because my goldfish would suck them up!

They are smaller than the Guppys about 1 inch if that

Back
Top Bottom