My fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Money_man1688

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have glass catfish(x2), green spotted puffer(x2), a molly, a guppy, and a clam its not a bad setup for 25 gals i guess. Im slowly but surely replacin the fake plantd with real ones too. im hoping to get a bigger tank after i move..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110915_182807.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110915_182807.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 187
Money_man1688 said:
I have glass catfish(x2), green spotted puffer(x2), a molly, a guppy, and a clam its not a bad setup for 25 gals i guess. Im slowly but surely replacin the fake plantd with real ones too. im hoping to get a bigger tank after i move..

Cool stocklist! What does your green spotted puffer eat? Do you have to trim it's teeth?

Is your tank brackish? What are you going to do with the puffers once they get bigger? Any plans for more glass cats?

Cool tank!
But you should definitely get the glass catfish some more friends! Those guys have literally been known to die of loneliness if not kept in a proper school! I love my glass cats, you see a HUGE difference in their behavior when they feel comfortable with their numbers. ;) That little pagoda decoration is adorable, BTW

absolutangel04 said:
Is your tank brackish? What are you going to do with the puffers once they get bigger? Any plans for more glass cats?

I havent switched to brackish yet, they r doin good now i am lookin for a bigger tank

The glass catfish are cool fish , I have a couple my self , BTW nice tank , I thought I would chime in tell ya that the green spotted puffers will have to go to full marine when they get to a full mature state ( so what I have learned ) and also do better by them selves but, I think some have got away with other fish. Good Luck and if you have any questions I would talk to terrance on here he is pretty knowledgable with puffers .

Some more pics of the puffers

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110916_200223.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110916_200223.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 141
  • ForumRunner_20110916_200241.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110916_200241.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 122
  • ForumRunner_20110916_200341.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110916_200341.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20110916_200308.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110916_200308.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 123
Metalheadx said:
The glass catfish are cool fish , I have a couple my self , BTW nice tank , I thought I would chime in tell ya that the green spotted puffers will have to go to full marine when they get to a full mature state ( so what I have learned ) and also do better by them selves but, I think some have got away with other fish. Good Luck and if you have any questions I would talk to terrance on here he is pretty knowledgable with puffers .

They havent picked on any of the other fish at all. Im surprised, the lil gsp chases the bigger one its cute as ****

Officially added salt to my tank.... Its brackish now
GSPs need pretty big tanks,i think one needs like 40 gallons. and as said above,the glass cats need a school,and i dont think they can handle salt very well. but it does look nice

alLexX said:
GSPs need pretty big tanks,i think one needs like 40 gallons. and as said above,the glass cats need a school,and i dont think they can handle salt very well. but it does look nice

I added the salt friday before i left town...only a lil bit, i havent seen any difference in the glass catfish. They are still active as they were prior

Money_man1688 said:
They havent picked on any of the other fish at all. Im surprised, the lil gsp chases the bigger one its cute as ****

If you don't mind me asking did ya add marine salt or aquarium salt , cause you will have to use marine salt , and if don't already have a hydrometer I would pick one up cause you will want to slowly add the salt , so you don't shock them , this is how I did it for my pair of figure 8 puffers , I hope this helps ya out a bit , and you are at the right place , I have learned so much from this site !

Its marine, im not adding mass amounts. I put a few teaspoons in my filtration, behind the filter it dissolved nicely.

Money_man1688 said:
Its marine, im not adding mass amounts. I put a few teaspoons in my filtration, behind the filter it dissolved nicely.

Oh okay ..... I would buy a hydrometer and a hint to help , during PWCs mix the marine salt in a clean bucket or jug and you can stir or shake the salt intel it's mix all the way and pour in slowly , glad to hear all is well w/ the tank . Keep up the good work .

Back
Top Bottom