My fish tankis foaming after adding wood?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I've had my 10 gallon minnow/cat fish baby tank and last week got my 70L (Though it looks more like 100 but eh ahaha) and ive been letting it cycle, today I went shopping to try finish up the item hunt which I bought a night big bit of drift wood from the store and a 150W heater, after soaking the wood for 4 hours in hot water I put it in my tank and than also placed my heater in and set it to 25 degress(Celcuis) and left it.

I came home to see my tank looking like a science experiement, I understand it will turn yellowish from the tannin which I wanted, but my tank is also foaming like a rabid dog, the bubbles pop but every time my filrt water hits my tank they just keep coming back. What might have caused this, and how can a stop this?

P.S No fish have been added, im doing a fishless fish food cycle at the moment. Thanks guys

Hey Mamma.of.two, I use Vita Pet water ager to declorinate my water, its worked for me for the past 2 years in my 10 gallon, the drift wood was bought from a well known fish and pet store in my area and it cost $40 so I'm guessing and hoping it was of a safe and healthy standard. Not sure what could be causing this.

Impi said:
Hey Mamma.of.two, I use Vita Pet water ager to declorinate my water, its worked for me for the past 2 years in my 10 gallon, the drift wood was bought from a well known fish and pet store in my area and it cost $40 so I'm guessing and hoping it was of a safe and healthy standard. Not sure what could be causing this.

Try doing a water change and remove the wood and see if it makes a difference. Is it a possibility that some soap made it's way into the tank? I have heard of water conditioners causing the top of the tank to foam too. Try switching water conditioners. Seachem prime is a good one.
You may have to empty the whole tank and rinse everything and start again just to make sure there is nothing nasty in there.

Back
Top Bottom