my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzy6882

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
when i do a water change i change 15-20% 2 a week as i have nitrate in my tap water but today i noticed like a clear film rising to the top of my tank i use seachem prime any ideas what this could be i have 5 neon tetra 5 harlequins and one male betta just wondered if any one has experienced this my fish seem healthy but as a beginner i am very curious :thanks:

How much water movement do you have? Do you see the film just after putting in the Prime or any other chemical or do you see it later? Some of the chemicals will look like a kind of clear film when you first put them in.

How much water movement do you have? Do you see the film just after putting in the Prime or any other chemical or do you see it later? Some of the chemicals will look like a kind of clear film when you first put them in.

I have a film on the surface. I also use prime. I don't see it anywhere only on the surface though. I have a decent amount of flow. AquaClear 70 on a 20 gallon long tank.

I have a film on the surface. I also use prime. I don't see it anywhere only on the surface though. I have a decent amount of flow. AquaClear 70 on a 20 gallon long tank.

Do you have a lot of surface movement? What you are describing sounds like possibly a protein film. Got a picture?

It shouldn't have anything to do with the prime.

yes i have an airstone at the rear of my tank near my filter

Do you have a lot of surface movement? What you are describing sounds like possibly a protein film. Got a picture?

It shouldn't have anything to do with the prime.

There is a lot of movement in one end, very little in the other, the film is all over the surface though. I'll get a pic as soon as I get home.

Here's a pic looking up from the side of the tank.

Attachments

• image-1045740526.jpg
    image-1045740526.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom