My goldfish has ich :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobaltskyy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So Ernie has ich...I have been using "Ick Clear" by Jungle for 3 days now.....1 tablet very night after pwc (25-50%). How long does it usually take to cure ich? He's acting normal, very active, but I still see faint spots. Any suggestions.

Ich is a parasitic organism that can't be killed in it's adult stage when it is on your fish. You can only kill the young that fall off the fish. When the ich is in it's young free-swiiming stage is when the medication kills it. Normally treatment will take up to a week. That is how long the ich can take to run through it's life cycle. If it isn't gone in that time, let us know and then we'll see if there is a problem.

K doin pwc now, adding pill again. Is this a good treatment? Should I put in a heater? The package says not needed so I haven't.

It can work. Since you've already started treatment continue with what you are doing. If you do a PWC, vacuum the gravel when you do and do it BEFORE you add any medication. Also make sure there is no charcoal in your filter while treating your fish. It will absorb the medication.

You can kill ich by making the tank warmer, but you'd have to take it up to 86F. I don't believe that it being that warm for an extended period would be good for a goldfish.

Give the treament time, it has only been 3 days and that is not long enough.

So far so good....he's a tough little guy...I think the transfer from the bowl to the tank might have stressed him out but he seems to be getting better. Question tho, I have enough tabs to do 6 days of treatment should I buy another pack so he will have a full 7 days?????

3.7g methylene blue
3.7g malachite green(oxalate)
1L formaldehyde 37%Max 32%min

1drop per 2gal U.S. at night first day
Same second night
Water change 50% third day
Repeat if needed, add carbon after last water change.

Dont use under PH 6
dont use with temperature over 27C
Keep using only glass with formaldehyde
Keep it away from light and from heat
Half dose with catfish and scale-less fish
2drops per 5 gallons for tetras
Ask the drug store doing it for you, ventilation is needed.

Very large effect, some bacteria, fungal infection and parasite!

;)

Back
Top Bottom