My goldfish may be a piranha

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regan_tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think my gold fish thinks he is a piranha he won't leave there side he acts just like them. I think the gang has accepted his difference an he's now apart of the wolf pack. Okay but I'm having problems with my piranhas they'll only take a few bites of raw meat and won't eat live fish unless they're of smaller size and won't eat pellets I'm running out of options what should I do?

Attachments

• image-2304574432.jpg
    image-2304574432.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image-3469059541.jpg
    image-3469059541.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 130
That is one lucky goldfish. :lol: I'm guessing he was suppose to be breakfast?

How long have you had them?

Had the piranhas for about a year they're about 5inches I plan on breeding them eventually.

I used to throw in frozen shrimp. My piranha loved them. They also had a goldfish friend....had... Only lasted a few days. ;). Let's see how long Goldie lasts.

If you happen to live near a city, try a fish market in 'Chinatown'. You can get live shrimp.

I have seen feeder ghost shrimp on amazon that might be a few more than you need it's a pack of a 1000. But that was about a month ago. You could also set up a livebearer tank and feed them the fry.

Nope haha don't have china town I'm from Alaska haha so I'm limited on gold fish an polar bear meat haha no I'm kidding but I really do live in Alaska an my lfs doesn't carry that kinda stuff basically just gold fish an cichlids. And yea he only lasted like 4 hours

Attachments

• image-1909634572.jpg
    image-1909634572.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 90
Get a small tank and breed your own ghost shrimp. Not hard at all. I started with 5 ghosties and now have three tanks full.

Oh man idk I'm taking care of my piranha tank an my 90 gal reef an in the process of my frag tank I don't think I can do to much more tanks

Back
Top Bottom