my good deed of the day yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So yesterday skimming the papper came across an ad for a 75 gallong tank with everything even a few cichlids for 75$ so i called the guy to see what was up with it. He goes on to tell me that he cant seem to keep his fish alive and he's following everything petsmart told him. And that he wanted the tank so bad but he dosent wanna keep killing fish he had no test get no water cond. No nothing so i told him we`d call him back talked it over with my husband and instead of buying the tank we went and spent the 75 dollars on a test kit some prime ( 4 bottles) a extra net , heater, a couple cichlid rocks and a piece of drift wood ( bc the tank pic were pretty bare )(and also gave him our extra water changing hose). I called him back asked if we could come over and look at it. When we got there it was a guy about 40 in a wheel chair we gave him the stuff and i showed him how to test his water how to use the prime and what not. The guy was over thrilled and started to cry thanking us and he also said if he still cant get it right hed just give us the tank ( which we agreeded we'd still pay him) he was greatful for the hose the most he said it will be so much easier than buckets with a wheel chair. Im so glad this ad caught my eye.i helped him do a water change and the fish started swimming more and he was thrilled. And i told him any time he needs help to just call myself or my hubby and we left both our numbers...

Wow...thats amazing. You could have easily talked him down and gotten that tank cheap but you really went the extra mile. That was honestly an amazing thing for you to do.

Very admirable thing done, you changed his eyes on fish keeping and Now get to enjoy his fish rather than have it be stressful

So yesterday skimming the papper came across an ad for a 75 gallong tank with everything even a few cichlids for 75$ so i called the guy to see what was up with it. He goes on to tell me that he cant seem to keep his fish alive and he's following everything petsmart told him. And that he wanted the tank so bad but he dosent wanna keep killing fish he had no test get no water cond. No nothing so i told him we`d call him back talked it over with my husband and instead of buying the tank we went and spent the 75 dollars on a test kit some prime ( 4 bottles) a extra net , heater, a couple cichlid rocks and a piece of drift wood ( bc the tank pic were pretty bare )(and also gave him our extra water changing hose). I called him back asked if we could come over and look at it. When we got there it was a guy about 40 in a wheel chair we gave him the stuff and i showed him how to test his water how to use the prime and what not. The guy was over thrilled and started to cry thanking us and he also said if he still cant get it right hed just give us the tank ( which we agreeded we'd still pay him) he was greatful for the hose the most he said it will be so much easier than buckets with a wheel chair. Im so glad this ad caught my eye.i helped him do a water change and the fish started swimming more and he was thrilled. And i told him any time he needs help to just call myself or my hubby and we left both our numbers...

All I can and will say is you both will be BLESSED.....

I teared up over this! How awesome of you! How great that you were able to do that for him.

So glad he will be able to enjoy his fish with your help.

Thats awesome :) hopefully his fish start getting better :p

Do you remember what his levels were at?

You guys are amazing! That was such a kind, caring thing for you guys to do for him. We should all take note and strive to help others as you have. Thank you.

Jbaygurl78745 said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! That is so wonderful for y'all to do & for him to appreciate it so much makes it even better!! Way to go!!!!

So cool, you deserve a gold star, not a sticker, literally a star made out of gold. You and your husband rock

This made me smile you both are such beautiful people to be so selfless :) and I don't think that man will forget the kindness that you two as strangers to him have shown him just lovely.

Thank you everyone :) befor we moved into our new house we use to foster dogs and since we've moved getting settled and what not we havent found a new rescue yet and my hubby has sum of his cheek taken out n put directly into a savings account that we use to use for the needs of the dogs we fostered. But its just been building up past couple mons so we figured we still had to do some good with it. I hope he really calls us if he needs help bc id reather go help him with water changes and stuff so he can enjoy his tank reather than take it. We also told him when his tank cycles we will take him to our awesome ifs to replace his lost guys.

Back
Top Bottom