My guppies are strange.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tailsjam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I acquired 4 new guppies today. Upon release into my tank all they seemed to do was swim against the flow of water from my filter. But now they are all just either hiding in a corner or in a decoration. Is this normal for new guppies? Are they shy?

My guppies did the same but within a few hours they went back to normal.

I hope so. I pray they aren't stressed and die. They really are very pretty. I'll try get some pics on once they come out of hiding. Even though they are a pretty standard fish they are still one of my faves and always keep a few in whatever tanks I have.

I think theyll be fine, give them a little time. What are their tank mates?

At the moment just 5 neons. It's a new tank I've been sorting out for the kids. They tend to like the bright colourful fish so I can see a few more tetras going in and a betta possibly.

Perfectly normal behavior imo. Mine did the same for a day or so and then came good.

Mine now love swimming against the current, getting near the filter, turning and then go screaming across the other side of the tank lol

I've had my female for a month and she was the opposite. She was racing around the tank trying to get at for hours. She also loves the filter fliw as all guppies seem to do.
As long ad yours are eating they'll be fine. Do you have any plants in the tank

Swimming against the current is normal. All my platies do it for fun. They like to start at once side of the tank and fight there way towards the filter. Once my huge red wag platy made it to the filter and touched it too! They all had a party to celebrate after that lol.

I've had my female for a month and she was the opposite. She was racing around the tank trying to get at for hours. She also loves the filter fliw as all guppies seem to do.
As long ad yours are eating they'll be fine. Do you have any plants in the tank

Yeah I have a few young plants in the tanks at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom