My guppy had babies now just down to a baby :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naomijaywebb

Aquarium Advice Regular
So yesterday came home to 5 frys but had to go back out arrived home a couple of hours later to 4 missing :( they were still left In the breeder box with he mum but the "v" was still in the breeder box so I'm just assuming the other fish have sucked them out from underneath through the little whole ( think the breeder box is completely useless if that was the case) so here's my little guy well could turn out to be a female who knows lool ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396710557.031068.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396710572.497129.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396710589.263356.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396710600.840913.jpg

Awe. Sorry about that. I got home yesterday from school, and found 3 fry. And saw the mom trying to eat one of them. Went to the store, and when I came home, I saw the fry dead ):

Oh no , I was sad cause I've waited all this time got excited and when I saw 5 I was so happy came back home a couple of hours later and was just left with this little one , nothing I can do now at least I have 1 lol how long does it take before you can tell its a male or female ?

Awe. Sorry about that. I got home yesterday from school, and found 3 fry. And saw the mom trying to eat one of them. Went to the store, and when I came home, I saw the fry dead ):

Also she's still got abit if a belly is that normal or could she still be holding a few more babies ?

She can hold them even until the next birth. Those fry in her could be half developed and she could give birth to them in a few weeks.

She can hold them even until the next birth. Those fry in her could be half developed and she could give birth to them in a few weeks.

Oh wow didn't realise that long but that's fine I'll just keep a eye on her thanks for the help :) x

You should give the fry a bit of Java Moss to hide in, even in the box. So they aren't so easy to pick off and also for less stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh okay yeah cause I'm left 1 did have 5 but 4 went missing but I'm hoping the mum does have a few would love that to happy and raise them up to go in my new tank , thanks :)

:( woke up this morning to my one and first baby guppy dead :( gutted but still got the one I found about a week ago still not the same thoe but hey at least I still got one little guy left

My female guppy looked close to bursting so put her in a fry net checked on her half an hour later to a net full off fry and witnessed the mother eating 1, so removed her straight away and haven't lost 1 since. Think there is 38 left.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398723456.993036.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom