My guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi
Right my guppy is going to give birth any min now and im going to my friends house for a sleepover tonight so my guppy is in a breeding trap at the moment

image-2375794886.jpg

And when my guppy gives birth the fry might drown im only staying at my friends 1 night so what should i do i have an air pump and a breeding net as well as the breeding trap so HELP PLEASE???!!!!???

The only thing you can do is watch her. If you have to leave for the night is there anyone you can get to watch her for you?

What kind of Algea eaters do you have?

What do you mean by drown? They "breathe" water. They will be fine though. Leave them in the breeder or they will be eaten. I bought 2 female guppies the other day, and one gave birth in the bag on the way home. I counted 12, but ended up with 9 because I couldn't get everyone out of the bag fast enough. The 2 adults ate 3 of them.

creic38 said:
What do you mean by drown? They "breathe" water. They will be fine though. Leave them in the breeder or they will be eaten. I bought 2 female guppies the other day, and one gave birth in the bag on the way home. I counted 12, but ended up with 9 because I couldn't get everyone out of the bag fast enough. The 2 adults ate 3 of them.

Ok thank guy you have helped so very much
Take care
Fishboy77
 

khoifish89 said:
what i will do is put a size of toothpick worth of food into the water and see if they will eat. if not, try again 3 hours later.

Right im back home now and im pretty shocked cause the are no fry but the female's tummy has gone a little smaller but still has a gravid spot please help

It is possible she dropped fry and they are hiding real well or have been eaten. But, she may very well drop more, so I would still keep an eye out.

Nice! Congrats and enjoy! Make sure you take care of those little guys.....they grow up fast.

creic38 said:
Nice! Congrats and enjoy! Make sure you take care of those little guys.....they grow up fast.

Yes thanks my camera is shocking so the tank looks dirty its not
In all i got 17 fy

That's alright. Do you have the fry in with the adults? Make sure you separate them. My guppy had her babies in the bag on the way home, and either she or the other female in the bag ate three babies before I could get them out!

creic38 said:
That's alright. Do you have the fry in with the adults? Make sure you separate them. My guppy had her babies in the bag on the way home, and either she or the other female in the bag ate three babies before I could get them out!

Yes there seprate do i feed them right now or can i wait a couple of day before there first liquid feed

Feed them now. I actually just grind up flake food into a powder almost and feed them that. They gobble it up! I also threw some plants in the breeder net. At first, they just stuck in one spot. Now they swim all over. Guess they feel more secure.

Back
Top Bottom