My gurami is lonely....!!! I think....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenaciousTriggerFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This morning i bought 2 little blue guramis and 2 little pink guramis to put in my 30 gallon acrylic tank that already had a 3" blue and pink guramis and a 10 1/2" plecostomus sucker I noticed one of the little blue guramis were all dark and all I figured he was a cool looking one only to look up when I got home that it meant he was "paired off" with another blue gurami but I'm not sure which one or if it was the second one I got... Will the two I got possibly pair off?? It kinda what I was hopping for

Mumma.of.two said:
Exactly what kind of gouramis are they? Pictures?

They are blue guramis and idk how to get pics from my phone to here and I don't use my computer only my iPod

Mumma.of.two said:
You on the app? Go into new reply and press on the + button in the top right corner next to the send button.

Press insert line

I don't have a camera on my iPod I have second generation and a regular phone...........

TenaciousTriggerFish said:
Blue spot

Ok cool. I just wanted to make sure before I started giving advise.
The 'pink' ones are the same?
IMO you need to make sure you only have one male per tank. IMO/E they can get rather nasty with other males. The way to tell is the males have a pointed dorsal and the females have a rounded one.

Mumma.of.two said:
Ok cool. I just wanted to make sure before I started giving advise.
The 'pink' ones are the same?
IMO you need to make sure you only have one male per tank. IMO/E they can get rather nasty with other males. The way to tell is the males have a pointed dorsal and the females have a rounded one.

Yeah I know but the dorsal fins are really close in shape so I'm not sure if they are the same or not mature yet :/

Yeah I know but the dorsal fins are really close in shape so I'm not sure if they are the same or not mature yet :/

If they are young you probably won't be able to tell. Just keep an eye out as they mature and be prepared to separate or rehome if any trouble arrises. :)

Mumma.of.two said:
If they are young you probably won't be able to tell. Just keep an eye out as they mature and be prepared to separate or rehome if any trouble arrises. :)

Yeah they are in a thirty gallon right now and I have a 20 gallon that would also be a suitable home for atleast 3 if needed but I also may be getting a job at my lfs soon so if I can I can get all my substrate and all a little bit cheaper

Update forget the blue gouramis my pink gouramis were going in a circle pokeing each other and Tuesday b4 school I caught em locking lips!! ...... Imma just wait and see what happens :D

Update forget the blue gouramis my pink gouramis were going in a circle pokeing each other and Tuesday b4 school I caught em locking lips!! ...... Imma just wait and see what happens :D

I know this is an old thread, but locking lips is fighting. Gouramis don't like other Gouramis usually. A 20g is not big enough for even one 3 Spot Gourami.

Blue, Gold,Opaline, 3 Spot are all same fish, just different colors. They get big and tend to get mean.

Pink Kissing Gouramis get very big and mean.

Unless you have a true pair ( and even pairs may fight ) I recommend one Gourami to a tank unless its 75g or has a ton of plants.

My friend tried 5 Dwarf Gourami males together against my advice. They fought like mad and all died of wounds.

A 30g is way too small for those species. A single Blue might be ok.

They are cousins to Bettas. Territorial fish.

Back
Top Bottom