my jack dempsey actin weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chasiti

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i have done a complete bottle of melafix disease on my jack and he is still trying to scratch himsElf on everything in his tank. Can i do a ick treatment and another melafix disease treatment together?

So i have done a complete bottle of melafix disease on my jack and he is still trying to scratch himsElf on everything in his tank. Can i do a ick treatment and another melafix disease treatment together?

Do you use prime or any other type of water conditioner during your water changes?

Im not sure on medications, i've heard they can be stressful, but if you do treat with meds, I think I would just use ich treatment. But when ive had an ich problem before, I just increased the temperature slowly up to 86 and added some aquarium salt. I have the amount of salt written on a piece of paper at home, but that depends on if you have inverts, plants?

I would do as SKB suggested with upping the temp and adding salt.

I used meds for the longest time for ich, and I thought the problem would never end, once I turned up the temp and added aqaurium salt, I did it for a week after I saw any ich outbreaks and I won. Ill look up the amount, 1 sec

A Jack Depmsey in a 30g...? Perhaps that's why he's acting weird.

Heat 86-88. 1 tablespoon aquarium or kosier salt. He'll eventually need a bigger tank so it's good your aware of that :)

Back
Top Bottom