My JEBO 180 has flooded my room TWO different ways!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krourke

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My JEBO 180 has flooded my room TWO different ways!
-Once because the air hose slipped out causing the collection cup to overflow in seconds
- And NOW I have woken up at 2am to find it leaking through the O-ring between the cylinder and the collection cup.

I have wooden floors and if I were on vacation then this stupid, cheap, POS would have cost me more then my entire tank did, just to repair the floor damage!!

side note - I never register to post on forums, but this was too important not to mention: a skimmer that floods your house in TWO different ways!

So sorry to hear that! I hope nothing was ruined (stock, floors etc)

Good you were to catch it!

kee

The BEST way to adjust a JEBO skimmer is to carefully remove it from your tank and very quickly toss it in the nearest trash can. They aren't worth the cheap plastic they're made of. Speaking from experience when I first began years ago and tried to save $ by buying one on auction site. If you ever get it to run consistantly for more then a week it doesn't skim anything worthwhile anyway.

Good news, the JEBO is slowly rotting in my closet.

My new Remora is working Great!

I got it because in my mind all Hang-on Venturi skimmers will overflow onto your floor by the gallon if the air intake gets clogged or falls off.

Am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom