My jewel cichlids spawned!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alLexX

Aquarium Advice Addict
MY JEWEL CICHLIDS SPAWNED!!!!! and i watched it happen too:):) im soooo excited(in case you couldnt tell,lol),i didnt expect them to settle in nearly as fast as they did. the female is like half the size of the male,much smaller than id expect she'd be able to spawn

edit: oh,and i forgot to mention i got a raphael cat yesterday

alLexX said:
MY JEWEL CICHLIDS SPAWNED!!!!! and i watched it happen too:):) im soooo excited(in case you couldnt tell,lol),i didnt expect them to settle in nearly as fast as they did. the female is like half the size of the male,much smaller than id expect she'd be able to spawn

edit: oh,and i forgot to mention i got a raphael cat yesterday

Yay you'll have to post pics of the fry.

congrats - always fun. Generally parents eat the eggs if they "go bad", although many times new parents need a few tries to "get it right" I wouldn't worry too much and just sit back and enjoy the show!

FWIW, my favorite addition to tanks with cichlid fry is java moss - they find all kinds of critters to eat on the surface of that.

most,possibly all of the eggs are gone. it happened this morning,when myu mom went to turn her tank lights on she says they were still there. i think the parents ate them,if any other fish had either my female would of killed it or died trying

edit:lol,i just realized a mod/admin changed the title from"they spawned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to"my jewel cichlids spawned!!!!"

bummer - don't worry - sometimes they need time to get it right. A good trick is to leave a low level light somewhere in the room to prevent nocturnal predation.

bummer - don't worry - sometimes they need time to get it right. A good trick is to leave a low level light somewhere in the room to prevent nocturnal predation.
i actually had a light set up,dont think it made a difference seeing as it was off by the time they disappeared. and as i said above,im fairly sure it was the parents. maybe next time theyl get it right

FRY

:dance::dance::dance: as it would turn out,the eggs werent eaten:dance::D

i tried getting pics but they sucked

Attachments

• 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 70
They are GORGEOUS!!! There is NO WAY I'd be able to talk myself out of buying these guys! It's a good thing I don't know where you live....I'd be getting me some jewels ;-) lol

They are GORGEOUS!!! There is NO WAY I'd be able to talk myself out of buying these guys! It's a good thing I don't know where you live....I'd be getting me some jewels ;-) lol
haha lol. i doubt the fry will make it,i was surprised they made it to fry this being there first time and all. if they do though,and your in canada,50 cents apeice:)

Are you friggin kidding me??? Ok...well....I've always wanted to go to Canada...lol My husband would KILL me for driving to Canada for a fish!!! What part of Canada are you in?

Are you friggin kidding me??? Ok...well....I've always wanted to go to Canada...lol My husband would KILL me for driving to Canada for a fish!!! What part of Canada are you in?
lakeshore,ontario. lakeshore is near windsor

Back
Top Bottom