My list of tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlaFish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have spent a few weeks researching everything to do with being a fish owner. This is the list of fish I have come up with to choose from:

Kuhli Loach
Cory Cat
Angelfish
Rasbora
Diamond Tetra
Swordtail
Rainbow Fish
Hatchet Fish

Anymore suggestions to add? I am compiling a big list to choose from so I am not at a loss when the stores around here don't happen to have certain ones.

My tank is a 55G long 48X12X2. My PH has gone from 8.4 down to 7 in 6 days of cycling. My other tests are on hold as the method I used has now failed to work.

They are all a good choice but I don't know if a angelfish will go with the rest

I have spent a few weeks researching everything to do with being a fish owner. This is the list of fish I have come up with to choose from:

Kuhli Loach
Cory Cat
Angelfish
Rasbora
Diamond Tetra
Swordtail
Rainbow Fish
Hatchet Fish

Anymore suggestions to add? I am compiling a big list to choose from so I am not at a loss when the stores around here don't happen to have certain ones.

My tank is a 55G long 48X12X2. My PH has gone from 8.4 down to 7 in 6 days of cycling. My other tests are on hold as the method I used has now failed to work.

Khuli's will hide ALOT

I would say

6+ Cory's
6+Rasbora
6+tetra
1 male and 2 female swordtails (increase each one bye 1 if you want more)
Prob 3 rainbowfish
And I have no experience with hatchets or angels

Look into some gourami's, and maybe 1 pair of blue rams or just a single one

Khuli's will hide ALOT

I would say

6+ Cory's
6+Rasbora
6+tetra
1 male and 2 female swordtails (increase each one bye 1 if you want more)
Prob 3 rainbowfish
And I have no experience with hatchets or angels

Look into some gourami's, and maybe 1 pair of blue rams or just a single one

We want the Kuhli, my boyfriend used to have some and said his were out and about. I do have the amount for each recommended written down so I don't forget at the last minute. I have read about Gourami and see they can have issues I guess. We aren't sure about Tetra yet, still looking them over. I have thrown around the idea of possible Ram.

Seems like 5 times a day I am finding something unfit about a certain fish or find something else as a possibility. There are so many unique fish that makes the cycling part less annoying to go through.

Back
Top Bottom