My Little Aquarium in the Window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellie029

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Little Aquarium in the window. Please tell mii what you think! ^+^ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392592895.179583.jpg

What's the tank size because I do see a angel fish and that's not compatible at all.

As for stock, I see an angelfish, guppies, a type of skirt tetra, and I think a swordtail. And the bottom large one is my best guess of a carp species.

I see a Cory need to be in groups of 4 a angel fish, platies, guppy, and skirted tetra. And I'm not sure but is that a red tail shark behind the plant there

Is everything pictured all that is in the tank? If so it looks like 2 swordtails (female), 2 guppies, 1 angelfish, that blue one looks like some sort of tetra (never kept tetras so not very good with them). My only concern though is that fish in the front (the big yellow one) a koi? If so you might want to relocate/rehome him to a pond because he will get HUGE. Good luck though the decorations are very pretty.

EDIT: Sorry did not see all these replies before I posted this.

Is everything pictured all that is in the tank? If so it looks like 2 swordtails (female), 2 guppies, 1 angelfish, that blue one looks like some sort of tetra (never kept tetras so not very good with them). My only concern though is that fish in the front (the big yellow one) a koi? If so you might want to relocate/rehome him to a pond because he will get HUGE. Good luck though the decorations are very pretty.

No it looks a Cory I think maybe I'm wrong and angel fish shouldn't belong there. Swordtails get big too

The orange one it has all the traits for one the two little fins in the front and also the shape

I agree that the orange one up front appears to be some kind of goldfish/koi....definitely not a cory.

Swords get 4-5 in, have decent bioloads, angels get at least 8in across, and need more room, Cory's and tetras both need a min school of 5

Idk it just doesn't have the body shape/fins for koi. It's fins r really tiny

Yes, the mouth is not positioned correctly for a cory, and cories have barbels. The picture is not clear, but the barbels would e predominant.

Cory: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1161+1176&pcatid=1176

Koi: http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/photocontests/ig/Editor-Favorites---Volume-1/Yellow-Koi.htm

I had a koi in a 10 gallon tank before I knew any different. This looks pretty much the same way mine did when he was little.

Could also be a goldfish but I really think it is a koi based on the shape of the mouth.

Agreed. Plus the color and size is off for any cory that I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom