my malawi tank set up brand new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi thinking of doing a malawi tank,
can anyone givre my some advice is there many of these that cant co exist
also whats the best food for these?
:hide:
:thanks:

Attachments

• IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 137
just the final pictures:D

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 150
Ur new tank looks wicked! When are you getting the fish? Or is the tank still cycling?

Chris22 said:
Ur new tank looks wicked! When are you getting the fish? Or is the tank still cycling?

The ammo is starting to drop now and the nitrites are getting higher. So good start after 3 days. I have loads of media from my small 54 litre so it better happen tomorrow then I'll get fish hopefully on Sunday.

Steo the great said:
The ammo is starting to drop now and the nitrites are getting higher. So good start after 3 days. I have loads of media from my small 54 litre so it better happen tomorrow then I'll get fish hopefully on Sunday.

Sounds like it's coming along great! Hope u have ich free luck with this tank
Lol

Chris22 said:
Sounds like it's coming along great! Hope u have ich free luck with this tank
Lol

I'm never going to the usual fish shop I go to. So hopefully I don't otherwise I'm putting a hole in the tank and it can be a trophy cabinet. Lol

Steo the great said:
I'm never going to the usual fish shop I go to. So hopefully I don't otherwise I'm putting a hole in the tank and it can be a trophy cabinet. Lol

Hahaha, perfect! Just be sure to Take the fish out of the tank before you put the hole in it lol

man i went to petco the other day and ALL of the saltwater fish were littered with ich!!! no joke, every single fish was absolutely covered with ich due to them having all their tanks on one system... i was pissed and i let them know haha...

good luck with ur tank, looks great! what typa filtration is that? does it go through the glass on the bottom?

OsciTheOscar said:
man i went to petco the other day and ALL of the saltwater fish were littered with ich!!! no joke, every single fish was absolutely covered with ich due to them having all their tanks on one system... i was pissed and i let them know haha...

good luck with ur tank, looks great! what typa filtration is that? does it go through the glass on the bottom?

Yeah mine was just a local place though. And never again.
I have just a submersible filter in tree for the good media to be pumped through. And then the main filter system goes through the glass into fluval 305 system?
Better hurry and cycle bores of looking at water? Haha

I am in the process of this kind of tank as well. What sand did you get and did you do anything to it before putting it in?

Sorry to hijack*

Wow, you've got some really nice rocks in there. Your Malawis will love it. Keep up the good work!

NoFishingAllowed said:
I am in the process of this kind of tank as well. What sand did you get and did you do anything to it before putting it in?

Sorry to hijack*

No just cleaned it out and put in some sand. I think it's argon sand to raise the ph level. Then also them rock raise the level of the water. Other than that same as tropical?

severum mama said:
Wow, you've got some really nice rocks in there. Your Malawis will love it. Keep up the good work!

Lol. Thanks for that. First attempt. Going good I hope

joel618 said:
What kind of rocks? It looks really good.

Hey im not sure I bought them in bulk. There called ocean rock on the box. Not sure if that's too general.

The rocks look amazing, your fish will love all the caves and hiding spots! What fish are you planning to get? Leave them some space towards the front end of the tank to swim full length since they'll probably bump your rocks the way they are now. At least mine did ;)

Ausfish said:
The rocks look amazing, your fish will love all the caves and hiding spots! What fish are you planning to get? Leave them some space towards the front end of the tank to swim full length since they'll probably bump your rocks the way they are now. At least mine did ;)

There gonna be Malawi fish but not sure which ones outta that.
Yeah the whole right hand side of the tank is free for feeding and all that. So I think that should be enough lol.

Back
Top Bottom