my minnows are disappearing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sand is easier to keep clean than gravel - everything sits on top, instead of putting the siphon into the gravel you just hold it slightly above, I've just changed one of my tanks to black sand from black gravel and I'm super impressed, thinking about changing my 63g over to sand at some point. Really fine gravel will do, just make sure it's a smooth edged gravel, even some of the fine gravels can be very coarse, just ask your LFS. 6ft for Loaches is brilliant, they will have a ball and so will you watching there craziness, you can teach the loaches to feed from your hand, as for Goldfish - depends on the type, shouldn't be a problem at that size just make sure your over filtered, Goldfish I do not know much about apart from how much they poop :).

I had to house some imported koi that came in too late to add to pond (it was too cold already and too late for them to assimilate to the temps). I housed them in a 220g with two FX5 Fluval filters and a HOB Wisper 70. Both Koi and goldfish are heavy heavy waste producers and even now as little as they are that tank is unforturnely not near big enough. Honestly I would contact the fish store and ask if you can return them for something actually suitable for your tank. As others have said too many times these places only want a sale and don't care what they sell you. Do some research on micro fish... very small tetra's and rasbora's. Pygmy gourami's are good too. You are very limited to what will actually work in a tank that size. Sorry you got duped... shame on the store that sold you those.

Oh wait, what are the minnows you have? Depending on what they are and if you keep them you really don't have any room for anymore fish even after getting rid of the goldies and koi.

Back
Top Bottom