My name is rob and im a aquaholic lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marshallc

Aquarium Advice Regular
After giving my old tank to a guy that lived downstairs in our old apartment for helping us move out i felt something was missing in our new house. A friend gave me his spare 30 gallon for my office and found a great deal on a 55 gallon locally.

I've missed my old fish and have wanted to get back into it for some time. The pictures aren't the greatest as they were taken with my phone and mostly at night

Here was the start of the 30 gallon

image-3726738216.jpg

Got rid of the nasty play sand and decided to use pool filter sand and I have to say not only does it look way better but was so much easier to get to clear up.

After buying a few plants we got started

image-2250472151.jpg

Bland looking I know lol so off to get a few more

image-898098112.jpg

Hmm still missing something ahh I know some rocks :)

image-3931644046.jpg

A big thanks to my buddy will who has helped me big time getting everything up and running and all of his knowledge. The plan for this tank will be some blue rams and a couple of Cory cats and I will let my daughter pick a couple to put in there(she has last word in everything lol)

On to the 55

image-464027908.jpg

This was the 55 when I first got it. Wasn't feeling the wood stand so I stained it black and turned out great I will get some good pictures of it soon.

The top trim broke so I'm waiting on the new one to arrive I do love the rim less work but with my 2 minions running around safety is always the priority here's how she sits now.

image-1677457531.jpg

Another huge thanks to my buddy for donating his extra lace rock and heater. Running a fluval 405 on here this is my first canister and must say I love how quiet they are.

On with the pictures :)

image-2175823025.jpg

I plan to use the 55 as a cichlid tank just not sure of which ones I want. They are all so great looking it's hard to narrow it down lol I do have a 125 and 60 gallon waiting to be picked up that a friend of my wife's is giving us.

I also had to break down and buy my daughter a betta tank and fish for her room because she said she needed a pretty fish tank. She loves learning everything about fish and is teaching her responsibility.

I'm still learning everything I can soak in reading the forums and picking up books always best to know what to prepare for and expect before it happens.

Both tanks are still cycling 30 gallon is on week 2 but only 1 week with the plants and the 55 gallon is on week 1. I'm in no rush as with everything if you rush it you only get yourself in trouble :)

Any suggestions or tips are always welcomed as I said I try to soak in everything I can.

One question I had on the 55 gallon I do plan to put a few live plants in and was wondering should I put a power head in or do an air stone or both. Am still thinking of doing a led bubble wand in the 30 gallon just to make the plants pop out some more.

Look forward to your replys and am thankful for finding this great community as I've been lurking on here for weeks reading lots of info.

image-437868455.jpg

image-513549346.jpg

Welcome to this wonderful forum. I have learned allot hope you do to. And welcome to the addiction, sounds like you gonna have at least 5 tanks in the house. It is funny how one fish tank grows to multiples. My husband says we can only have one more because we have 9 make it an even number. But he also said that when we had 4. Lol he is addicted too!!!

Lol my wife puts up with a lot currently we have 4 but only 2 up and running and the thought of selling one of them to fund the other is crossing my mind. Although I do think I have her convinced to put a 75 gallon in the partition between the kitchen and family room :) have to see how well that works

Marshallc said:
Lol my wife puts up with a lot currently we have 4 but only 2 up and running and the thought of selling one of them to fund the other is crossing my mind. Although I do think I have her convinced to put a 75 gallon in the partition between the kitchen and family room :) have to see how well that works

I have a 20 long on my counter top between the kitchen and living room. That's all that will fit for now because it has to sit under a set of cabinets.
It can be seen from kitchen and living room, I have the filters hanging on the ends instead of what would be the back. I love it there.

Back
Top Bottom