my nano crashed please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok my tanks 4 months old every thing was great had two clowns a Kenya tree serpant star 3 small stars out of the gulf about 10 turbos everything was great well I started to get cyno so I got a ro Di unit from bulk reef to make my own water well did that let water mix for 48 hours then changed water wel two days later serpant died well that same day I put a red sponge coral and banded shrimp used chemi clean for my cyno followed direction to the tee did my water change everything seemed ok then snails begin to die followed by my hermits and shrimp clowns are fine then my Kenya shriveled up I moved clowns and Kenya to my 55 they are doing good is it my salt mix I use io I got with my 55 could it be bad did the chemi clean crash it please help I love my 24 nano know all that's left is the sponge oh by the way I had bristle worms unknowinly and those even died

Do you have a refractometer to test the salinity of the RO water and your tank water. It Could be to big of a shift on the salt ppm. To be more precise, what is all of your water parameters? ie PH Calcium, nitrates, Nitrites, Ammonia? That maybe will give a good idea of what's going on.

Did you let the or/di unit run for a while before using the water? Maybe the resin from the unit could've done something.

Chemi Clean or Chemi pure? When u use chemipure u have to rinse it out thoroughly before adding. And like the other posts, I hope u used a refractometer before adding the mix to the tank

I used a hydrometer to test salinity all water par are good I noticed this morning my heater on my reserv water was unplugged and the water was 68 degrees verse the 76-78 the tank stays at but I only added like 5 gallons

Just checked my water in tank it was 1.021 water in my makeup water is 1.023 could this shift have caused it

Ok just rechecked all par salinity 1.021 ph 8.4 up from 8.1 nitrates 0 nitrites o ammonia0.25

Sounds like the drop to 68 degrease could have done it, I know they can handle slight fluctuations in temp. The heater unplugged may be the culprit to the problem.

Back
Top Bottom