My neon tetra has dropsy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
She has a pinecone-sorta' shape and looks really dull in colour near the top. It also swims a bit abnormally, unlike the rest of my neon tetras. She has been like this for like months now and I think she's suffering. Tank conditions are all well. 25 gallons.

Separate her from the rest asap and into a quarantine tank . Med the qt water with Tetra Fungus Guard and if you have aquarium salt it would help greatly . Feed your fish shelled boiled peas if she eats it . Feed small amounts every other day . Along with her regular diet food .

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Separate her from the rest asap and into a quarantine tank . Med the qt water with Tetra Fungus Guard and if you have aquarium salt it would help greatly . Feed your fish shelled boiled peas if she eats it . Feed small amounts every other day . Along with her regular diet food .

i wouldnt medicate until we actually know the disease.

Sorry for your loss :( Most likely it was dropsy if you see another fish with the same symptoms just ask .

Thanks. Well since it was sick for months then I bless it in heaven :)

Back
Top Bottom