My New 150.. any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well ive got more rocks on the way, ill be putting them in today along with a few more fish. So i mad an awesome discovery last night. After seeing a tank for sale at a store, i got to looking at mine. The one i saw was advertised as a 150gal and looked just like mine. Thanks to mgamer and his link he gave me, i figured out that my tank is not 125 gallons, its 149.6 which would make it 150 gallons :)

sweet :) i love my 90 but wish i would have gotten a 125....what fish do you plan on putting in next ?

im not exactly sure, probably whatever i can find that will work. Ive been thinking along the lines of red zebras, green gresheiki (if i spelled it right), and then im kind of stuck on what else to go with... i am staying away from yellow, as i have 5 fish already that are yellow... i want some more blue, some red, orange, green... just no silver :) Decisions, decisions...

How about some Colbalt Blue zebras or some Demasoni ??? both beauitful fish if you ask me... if i didnt do peacocks i was gonna get some Demasoni's..

yeah i was thinking about the cobalt blue zebras... im not sure yet.. not that i had 25 more gallons than i originally thought i did, i can put another fish or two than originally planned :) How many fish total do you think i should put? i know im nowhere close with the 7 i have now

Alright, here are a couple pictures of my tank after i added some more rocks... should i put a few more in or not? they are really sturdy the way ive got them, and the base rocks are down against the glass so they cant "dig" under them. Oh btw, thanks aquarium1 for the rocks...

Last edited:
mfd. loooks great. i would go with pseudotropheus saulosi . the males look like demasoni and female are a striped yellow. and since its a massive tank i would go with about 12. and then load it up with red zebras and greyshaki.

great looking tank keep up the great work!! and yes more rock can never have to much

thanks guys... ive got lots more rocks, just didnt feel like cleaning any more today. Im sure ill be adding them in the next couple days. I also added a sump to the tank, so ill be taking of the hob in a week or so after the sump has had some time to grow bacteria

I'd suggest throwing the filter pad in the sump for a while after you remove the filter... just to be safe. ;)

so something happened last night in two of my other tanks. One of my bala sharks died, and 4 of my red devils died... i checked the ammonia this morning and its possibly up just a tad, but the color is more on 0 than .25... nitrite is 0 temp is the same... havent changed anything, just did a pwc 3 days ago... any ideas?

just came home for lunch and had a chance to check nitrates... they are about 25ppm in one and 30ppm in the other... not too high... also, the other two red devils are dead and 2 of the bala sharks look real bad. i did a 50%pwc in one, emptied the other. not sure whats going on. i havent sprayed any chemicals or anything like that. im crossing my fingers that whatever this is doesnt come over to my 150, that would be devestating, though my fiance is pretty upset that her balas are all dying :(

Dude thats so horrible. I swear it is the fish epedimic here. I can recall about 3 people including you having the same problem. Just fish up and dying with no warning. Honestly, i don't know what the issue would be. Your nitrates aren't high enough to wipe out all your fish. I know this sounds horrible but i can't help but wonder, what are you gonna do with the tanks after if all the fish die. I mean what are you gonna put in them?

. i did a 50%pwc in one, emptied the other. not sure whats going on.

So you put all the fish in one tank? What is the tank that is left then? I would be doing 50-75% water changes daily. Since you have no idea what is killing them, the best thing is lots of fresh, clean dechlored water. Make sure you temperature match to keep the stress to a minimum. Dude, I am sooo sorry. Can you give a breakdown of what tanks you have set up right now and what the troubles are with each? I am kind of confused right now.

So if everything goes south. You selling all your tanks? Whats the reason?

By the way +1 on what soonman said. "Can you give a breakdown of what tanks you have set up right now and what the troubles are with each?"

Back
Top Bottom