My New 28G Nano - On the way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Son of Red

Aquarium Advice Regular
New to the site and somewhat new to SW. Spent months researching marine tanks ages ago and never quite got started, but just put in an order for a JBJ 28g Nano w/ HQI lighting.

Will start of as a FOWLR and if things go well eventually hopefully transform to a reef tank.

Since I have some time before it gets here would love to hear some feedback on stocking list, watch-outs, etc.

Current thinking:

Aragonite Sandbed
LR - would like to start with 50-75% base and 25-50% LR if I can find some decently priced local source which is not going to be easy I fear.

CUC - would appreciate some advice here. I've seen a wide variety of reco's on hermits and snails. TBS recommends 1 hermit per gallon! that's a lot of crabs!

After cycling and CUC settled in I'm thinking a clown pair and maybe a dottyback or goby. Want to keep the bio load minimal. I also want to stick to tank bred fish so am somewhat limited there choice wise.

What do you think?

I want to try to keep things small and simple at least for a while. Minor upgrades are a possibility re: pumps etc. but I won't be doing any drilling or major tank mods. I might add a HOB Fuge but I think the model I ordered has space for one in the back.

I think your plan looks pretty good. Clean up crew will be small in the beginning as there will not be much to feed off of in the beginning. I really like your plan.

Back
Top Bottom