My new 29g "aquascaped" tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h22prelude2k

Aquarium Advice Newbie
A random stop into Petco one afternoon spiraled into me doing a bunch of research online about aquariums and fish and somehow I ended up a week later with a smaller bank account and the below:

I loved seeing what people out there are doing with their fish tanks with the aquascaping and I tried to (emphasis on tried to) replicate some of the ones I've seen.

I went with a 29 gallon tank, Aquatic Life Marquis HO T5 light (might be adding an LED supplemental light since I've heard the dwarf hairgrass needs the extra light, Eco-complete substrate, Aquaclear 110 filter, Aqueon 100w heater, and a couple of live plants. (Dwarf Hairgrass, Anubias nana tied to the manzanita, Cryps, Amazon sword, and a couple more I forget)

Going low tech for this setup and supplementing with daily dose of Flourish Excel for CO2.

Stocked the tank with 3 zebra danios, one guppy (had two in there but one got sucked up by the Aquaclear, so put that sponge prefilter on the intake tube) and 1 zebra nerite snail for now. This tank is an upgrade from a 10 gallon tank - and I transferred the above from the 10. The 10 still has a baby pictus catfish, a mexican dwarf lobster, two dwarf gouramis and a ghost shrimp. Once the tank has cycled I'll be adding all the others to the 29 and also adding a school of 10-12 (not sure what yet- neon tetras? any suggestions for a good schooling fish for a 29?)

Please let me know what you all think of the above setup and anything you would change in terms of making the tank look better and also perform better. Looking forward to hearing your comments.
img_3344122_0_f4e7927de159f789d0ffc708de470b37.jpg

Looks like it's off to a great start! Love how you made a “tree” with the anubias! I've never seen that before, only with mosses! Be careful though--they don't do very well in direct light like that, especially with the intense lighting you have. You may end up having to move them.

I'm not sure if your current stock would go well with them, but you should check out celestial pearl danios for a schooling fish. They stay tiny, but they're beautiful!

Can't wait to see how this tank progresses! ?

That is very cool looking! I really like the rocks and the tree. I'd try a school of danios or cardinal tetra.

Nice tank!

Fufu

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like the second one. DW is the focus (eye catching) and the rock placement is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks really good! For the schooling fish look at Harlequin Rasboras, Rummynose Tetra, and Golden White Cloud Minnows.
-Finnster

Wow! Great job!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Be careful with the bright green plant near the middle. It is bolbitus heteroclita which usually doesn't do well as a fully aquatic plant.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

You might try growing your Bolbitis with its roots submerged but leaves above water.

You can plant your HOB or add a little shelf or get a piece of wood angled towards surface and attach it to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom